LauraSB

Still going strong!

Discussion created by LauraSB on May 15, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2019 by Kcloutier64

Well, I forgot how many days I've been quit so I had to check my Quit Stats. I'm 124 days w/out a smoke...and totally lost track of the count! This is so great! I still think about it everyday, especially as I watch my hubby go out for smokes in the evenings. He's started Chantix twice, started smoking again each time and it really sucks. I look forward to the day he is finally quit with me. Anytime I see someone smoking, that's all it takes to think about that taste, smell, feeling of the smoke hitting my lungs. I really loved smoking, especially when I had a drink or two. But after this long, my reminder voices comes in and slaps me around a little, reminding me of how far I've come, how I powered through the crappy side-effects of the Chantix. Never again. I see others smoking by themselves outsides of buildings, wondering if they feel the guilt and isolation I felt each time I smoked, so glad it's not me out there. So glad my kids are no longer saying, "were you smoking mom?" Nope....never again.

Outcomes