cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LauraSB

Still going strong!

Well, I forgot how many days I've been quit so I had to check my Quit Stats. I'm 124 days w/out a smoke...and totally lost track of the count! This is so great! I still think about it everyday, especially as I watch my hubby go out for smokes in the evenings. He's started Chantix twice, started smoking again each time and it really sucks. I look forward to the day he is finally quit with me. Anytime I see someone smoking, that's all it takes to think about that taste, smell, feeling of the smoke hitting my lungs. I really loved smoking, especially when I had a drink or two. But after this long, my reminder voices comes in and slaps me around a little, reminding me of how far I've come, how I powered through the crappy side-effects of the Chantix. Never again. I see others smoking by themselves outsides of buildings, wondering if they feel the guilt and isolation I felt each time I smoked, so glad it's not me out there. So glad my kids are no longer saying, "were you smoking mom?" Nope....never again.

5 Replies
sweetplt

Congratulations on 124 Days quit...That is super...it only gets better and better as you get further into this journey.  Your husband will do it eventually, keep leading by example...just think you are choosing Life...~ Colleen 163 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

1401670440630.jpg

0 Kudos
Andstillirise

Congrats on 124 !!! That’s so wonderful !!! 

I know your kids are so proud of you . 

Barbscloud

Congrats on 124 days.   That's something to be proud of, especially when living with a smoker. Keep the journey going strong.

Barb

Kcloutier64

Wow that's terrific congratulations. I bet your kids love hugging you and you don't smell like smoke.

Keep up the awesome job.

0 Kudos