cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Alicatsam

How do you keep the patch on?

So, I have ben having issues with the nicotine patch. Generic brand from the doctor. I had them fall off my upper arm and shoulder, even with the alcohol swab. Yesterday, I wrapped one of those self-sticking bandage wraps around it too, not too tight, but the patch was still a little loose. Today I have it on my tummy area above the naval. I had no idea that parts I never think about, and don't even think of as "parts", move around so much! And I'm supposed to put it in a different places every day to avoid skin rashes? How will I find enough spots where it won't fall off from?

8 Replies
anaussiemom

I put it on upper chest area.  I am allergic to everything.....I have had no probs.  Ya sometimes they do not stick. I try not to think about it, that helps me get thru the day not worrying

Alicatsam

Patch fell off tummy due to sweat. I will try the upper chest next.

0 Kudos
Alicatsam

I put it on my upper chest this morning. 12 hours later, it's still there!

Jennifer-Quit

For me the generic brand that I used stuck better than the name brand ones.  Make sure the skin is really dry and apply a little pressure for a few seconds.  Best wishes to you in quitting!

Pawr

So how's it going there for you ? Soon little things like the patch will stop troubling you as you get into things like wanting to eat everything in sight!! Lol. Make your success something you guard with pride and jealousy. It's your achievement and you are the only one you can really rely on to keep going.  People will applaud you but only you can do this. I won't tell you that it doesn't suck.

shoulder blade worked well.

use a different location every day if possible.

Generic Walmart brand worked better for me than the name brand.  I placed them on my outer thighs and had no issues.

0 Kudos
JDHAM81

I got some sort of tape when I was using them. adhesive? or something else from cvs

0 Kudos