cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LanaKay

Ailments

I quit smoking nearly three years ago. Shortly thereafter I was diagnosed with PMR, polymyalgia rheumatica. I also have had diverticulitis, an ongoing ulcer, gastropareses, and just last week a perforated colon. Yippee! Of course I’m 72 now and suppose it’s just time for some health problems. I guess the moral of the story is don’t wait 50 years to quit!  On the upside I’m still working part time. And I don’t think I have anything terminal! Between my quit and having to take prednisone for the PMR I am heavier than I used to be though. Have a great smoke free day!

20 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS LANA AND GOOD JOB! Yahoooooo and WAY TO GO! gentle hug.

0 Kudos
LanaKay

Thank you! Have a good week end.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
sweetplt

With all you have going on, it is so good you quit smoking...please take care of YOU...along the way...and remember 70 is the new 40 ??? LOL...Happy Saturday...~ Colleen 117 DOF

LanaKay

I’ll try to remember that 70 is the new 40. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone

Barbara145

I Lana Kay.  Sorry for your issues.  Sounds like you are managing well you are still working.  I am 72 also.  I have lots of issues plus emphysema.  I manage well too.  Still so grateful that I quit.  We all need to be on a really good multi-vitamin.  Hope you are taking really good care of yourself.

0 Kudos
LanaKay

I feel fortunate to be 72 and have health issues that can be managed. Many folks aren’t so lucky. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sent from my iPhone

Daniela2016

Good to see you Lana, and congrats on your almost anniversary!  And I think, like you said, you are doing ok with all the health issues!

I'll be looking forward to "see" you on the day of your 3rd anniversary!

0 Kudos
elvan

LanaKay‌ It is so good to hear from you.  I am so glad that none of your ailments are life threatening but so sorry that you have them. I think you are one amazing lady.  The fact that you are still working is something to celebrate.

Hugs,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Giulia

You're an inspiration.  

0 Kudos