cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ekaterina1

Frustrated

I quit on 01/24/19.  Today is day #62 not smoking. I honestly felt a lot better when I was a smoker, and wonder when I’m supposed to start feeling better now that I don’t smoke.  I used to be a happy, fun type of person.  That’s changed since I quit. I feel depressed and angry, (so out of character for me).  I’ve also gained 11 Lbs !  I feel I’m often close to that breaking point.  

Mid there anyone here going thru these issues?

21 Replies
hattonc

Good Evening..

Sorry ur having a bad time ..I’m on day 18 . I have quit before once for 2 years then a couple more times.. I understand where your coming from with being frustrated and depressed . I have noticed that I’m hungry more often as well.. but this is different for me this time .. it’s the opposite for me .. im super depressed when I smoke , and in a bad mood . I think it depends on how bad we want out quit. I know I want to be healthy and to work out and not smell like smoke around my grandkids . I guess I just really want the change .. I do get cravings , feel like I’m missing something. But I know it was making me sick too.. I hope it gets easier .. I’ve started working out some as well.. it does help .. 

Ekaterina1

Thank you for your kind words understanding, it’s much appreciated.  Though I’m still clouded on how to solve these issues and hope that I can find the solution soon.  I hope that you succeed as well.  Thank you . Kat

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

I am over 100 days quit, still on NRT's, and feel worse than I fever have.  Some is the quit, but also outside stressors.  I know a cig won’t solve them, but I miss the days I could just get that fix and move on.  I gets frustrated reading the suggestions because I cannot exercise or find ways to pamper myself that fit me anymore due to physical maladies that drain emotional ones.  My go to activities are drying up.  My mind is shot from being widowed and alone.  I know more about nicotine than I ever have, yet I liked smoking.  I’m not convinced I hid my emotions behind it at all.  I was around non smokers that had the same reactions and feelings I did. I was just using an addictive substance they weren’t.  My husband quit for years and didn’t develop more awareness of himself for it.  So I quit posting much because I’m not proud of anything right now.  I’m still on oxygen which I was desperately hoping to lose.  

I am very happy for all the people here that have continue to conquer this and help others.  They have tried to help me and I so appreciate it.  I came into this quit disabled and it’s gotten worse so I’m trying not to rain on parades.  One thing is I don’t have desire to smoke.  My body still wants nicotine so I give it that.  I quit smoking once for a long time in my 20’s and went back because I liked it.  Pure and simple.  No revelations or epiphanies.  So I guess I’m swimming against the stream here, but do like reading motivations.  I just wish I had one like family.  I’m just an aging hermit and not by choice.  If my husband was here it would make all the difference.  One is a huge back surgery that scares the bejeezus out of me.  I was there for all his so he never faced anything like this.  

Im babbling, I’ll stop.  I know I have bothered some here with my different circumstance.

you are all inspirations and maybe they will hit me one day.

anaussiemom

Gwenivere I was just thinking of you.  Wondering how you were.   I agree 1 yr in for many still no way a cake walk for them....... It is hard as hell.

rainbow-unicorn-cartoon-0081.gif

Barbscloud

Gwen, good to hear from you.  I think of you often.  Your experience is your experience and just as valid as anyone else's.  Nothing wrong with quitters hearing that is much more difficult for some than others.  It's not rose colored glasses for everyone.  I've said this before. I am so impressed with your strength in keeping this quit with what you face physically and emotionally.  Over a 100 day quit is something to be proud of and celebrate.

hugs

Barb

Gwenivere

Thank you Barbscloud.  Just feeling down as Saturday is my loneliest night.  Smoking won’t cure it.  At least this I know.  

Barbara145

Hang in there.  I went through those issues too.  It was so worth it.  Quitting smoking is a journey to our real selves.  It takes work and perseverance.  I decided I would do whatever it took.  It takes a big commitment.  You will never be sorry.  You are doing great.  You are right where you are suppose to be.

Ekaterina1

It’s nice when you have others who understand what you’re going through.  If you don’t mind me asking.... did your metabolism drop to the floor as mine did?  I can’t seem to get it back and my pulse rate drops down into the 40’s! . I know that’s not good,?but don’t know how to correct it! Any suggestions?  Thank you . Kat

anaussiemom

Yes very much so. Felt on the brink of a nervous break down" all the time.  Only 8 weeks quit, this time.  It has to get better , or there wouldn't be long time quitters here.  Which there are many many.  Perhaps you could speak to your doctor for some medical support.  There are many NRTs out there to help if needed.

Blessings

Kim

0 Kudos