cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lqsi12

who was the first ?

Member of the community on ex ?  How bout the first Administrator ?  Who made the first post on blogs etc, and how has this site changed thru the years ?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

I have only been here 6 1/2 years - and I know other folks have been here at least 10 (?).  Perhaps one of the earliest can answer your most interesting question. I know it was created by folks at the Mayo Clinic.   I know some arrived here after a quit site they were on folded - but that's about all I know.  Perhaps Mark‌ might have some insight who we might ask?

I hope some of the pioneers see your questions and will respond.  I am interested, too!

Nancy

indingrl

Thanks for asking and Sir Mark is EX on site manager - HE holds all this site info for YOUR HISTORY questions about this site. 

Giulia

I have been here since a few months after the site was formed in 2008 and have remained active since then.  My first blog appears on May 3rd, 2008.  Not quite sure who the first Admin was.  Maybe Aaron?  They weren't as visible as our current CM.  

The site has changed dramatically since the early days.  First it was on the Ning platform (which most of us loved.)  Then it moved to ELGG.  Now we're on Jive.  I've been here for all of them.  Quite a journey and we've lost many old members during each transition period.  Change is not easy.  Unless you really want to adapt and are willing to grow.  Same is true with quitting.  You have to be willing to change and persevere.