cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Odd urges

I will start by saying I have ridden them and gotten past them, but urges have been hitting fast, hard, and frequently the last two days. I'm guessing this is not unusual for this level of quit? 

Donna

Day 73

12 Replies
Strudel

Yes, normal for sure! Stick with your tools that you know and stick close here and you will continue to move past these feelings.....watch them like a cloud floating by. They will move on...and you, and your quit, will still be standing! 

YoungAtHeart

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... 

Perfectly normal - hang on for the next stage of your roller coaster ride.....but you are almost THERE!

Stay committed!

Nancy

Beck37

I totally get it.... I’m on day 65 and going thru the same. It’s like enough already. Although I have no intention of smoking I can honestly say if I wasn’t as committed as I am, it would be tempting. This has got to be what they call “no mans land”. 

Beck

Barbscloud

It's good to stay close during this period.  It's easy to think we "should be over it by now" but we're not.  I know I needed support during this period.  So don't hesitate.

Mandolinrain

Really normal. I found that those urges would come out of nowhere and were intense but short lived and grew further and further apart after the first 6 months.....they were annoying more than anything. Just look at it as though the Nico demon is pushing your buttons to see if you will budge. Stand firm and laugh it off. Get busy and tell him you have no time to deal with his little fit and find something else to put your mind on

Lauralives

Hi Donna, headed deeper into NML myself and it isn't my first time.  But like you said, we are committed to our quit so we won't be going down that road again.  NOPE!!

sweetplt

Hi Donna...I haven't had any urges lately at 87 days quit...but I am staying vigilant because I know they will come especially when I start feeling better...if not all the better...Hope it gets better as your day goes on...~ Colleen

AnnetteMM

This is when you learn all about your smoking memories and triggers.  All those little things that prompted smokes in the past now rise up to slap you in the face. Acknowledge them, smile, "I don't do that anymore!", and move on