cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

246 days smoke free and getting married.

I can't believe I've gone this long. But a little advice to those who are discouraged, I've gone through the death of my mom, starting a new job, and getting married on top of everyday tasks and still have managed to stay smoke free. I have been tempted but I sit here today smoke free. Best of luck to all of you.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
anna12

Keep up the awsome job your doing! Sorry about your mother, that would be the most difficult hurdle for me to conquer during my quit! Congrats on the marriage! Enjoy your new life being a wife and an ex-smoker!

Big Huggs
=0)
0 Kudos
michele2

WOW! 246 DAYS!!!! THAT IS GREAT! You're right...we can't use life as an excuse to smoke...it's always going to happen and we can always find a reason to think we need to smoke. It could be good or bad that makes us crave. But my life still has it's wonderful up and challenging downs since I quit...the only difference...I can breath!
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

Thanks for letting us know that this CAN be done no matter what. Big congrats on 246 days......wow!
0 Kudos
trisha

You go girl, Your Mom would be proud of you. Congradulations
0 Kudos
edith2

Wow Sweet! You are definitely a success story! Congradulations on your upcoming marriage! Sorry to hear about the death of your mom. My mother passed on Christmas eve of '93. I still miss her.
0 Kudos
Denise3

Almost a whole year ---awesome! I was 10 months smoke free and fell off the wagon. I quit when my Mom was diagnosed w/ lung cancer and died 55 days later. Been trying like mad to get it back---I hope this is it!!
0 Kudos