cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kristi-hood

my story

My srory is like most i want to quit so that i could be around for my little one and we are trying to have another baby and know that is why i have not got prg, i also have a fam history of hart prolems my grandmother pass way the day after 63rd bday she had 3 hart sugerys the last one she did not make it. i was 14 and was so deprest so that is when i stared to smoke. i quit when i was prg with my little one then went right back. At the first of this year my uncle passaway from lung cancer then the day that i got from his graveside service my husbend grandmother pass away i have took care of her the last 4 years she had copd hart problems and was in a wellchiar, it about killed me the hardest part was telling my 5 yold she was very very close to her we sal her everyday, and ask my why i told her that she had hart problems and god wanted her to came home then she told me mommy you need to quit so you dont go to heven it killed me, so i did but not for long my grandfather became very ill he had alzimers and moved in with my fam and then we had to put him in a home he pass away in july i sal him slowly die so i whent back to and i m once again quitng with the help of wellbutron i know i wll do it this time if any one has any adive let me know
thanks
kristi from east texas
0 Kudos
3 Replies
doreen1

Hi Kristi - you've definitely had your share of experiences with smoking related deaths. I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother, uncle, husband's grandmother, and your grandfather. 63 years old is way too young to die. I lost both of my parents when they were 63 to smoking related illnesses. My father in 2002 from esophagael cancer and my mother in 2004 to COPD/emphysema.

My thoughts here are - is that what you want your children to experience? Losing their mother to cigarettes? Your 5 year old has already expressed her fear of losing you. Let that be the motivation to quit this time for good - no more excuses. You can do this! Just say:

Photobucket AND Photobucket

Just a loving butt kicking....Photobucket
0 Kudos
kristi-hood

so sorry to hear about your partents and yes my little one has lost to many people in your little life and i have started to take wellbutern today i can tell it will work it has made me not want to smoke and the tast is realy bad and i know that this is the time that i will quie for good
0 Kudos
louise2

Hi Kristi from east Texas, What a story you have told us. I want you to know that there are many, many, people here on this site rerady to help you quit smoking. When you are surly ready yourself follow the program recommendations and stay in touch online with all of us. You have wonderful reasons for yourself and your family to quit and most of all you found become an ex!! We all have alot of stress, but, we will help each other all along the way. Thank you for your honesty. You have helped me today. And I want to help you right back. Stay in touch with all of us.
0 Kudos