cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Animals12

Progress I think

Well I have made a lot of progress. I have a journal and have been writing down Everytime I smoke. In my previous post I said I was down to 4or 5 day. Well I'm now smoking zero during the day and it's amazing. But I do keep slipping up. Mostly at night when it's time to relax and sleep . Jan 16th I had zero cigs all day and night. But in the morning I slipped slipped and had a few drags but I'm not even smoking half's anymore. I'm a little disappointed that I slipped and can't seem to just stop slipping but it is getting easier . And it's a journey . 

16 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB!!! Your OWN PERSONAL plan working for YOU!!!  

elvan

It IS a journey...figure out WHY you are slipping and make plans for what you will do when the triggers that are putting you at such risk occur.  Triggers ALWAYS occur...no matter what, the thing is that once you get past one or two, you know you CAN and then you have that to put in your journal.  Instead of smoking, come here and blog on EX...put the word HELP in the subject line and give us a little time to help talk you down.

Ellen

Sootie

This is just my opinion....but I think you have to stop "cutting down" on smoking and just stop smoking. You have to get rid of all cigarettes, lighters, matches, etc.etc. This zero on one day and one on the next is NOT helping you quit smoking!

Time to jump in the water and swim.

Animals12

I know. Unfortunately I live with a smoker .but I did get rid of all ash trays and he is smoking outside .He is also quitting to but just got a later start . I can do this each day will get easier I just got to keep it up. Yesterday I didn't smoke and I didn't slip last night. Yay!!!

elvan

Animals12‌ CONGRATULATIONS, that is a great start.  I am really happy that the person you live with is not smoking inside, that makes a big difference.  You CAN do this, it is one step at a time and you have taken a strong one!  I am really happy for you.

Ellen

sweetplt

I understand you must do what works for you.  I do think You need to find out what keeps making you slip. Can you work through the trigger ?  With said congratulations on your progress ~ Colleen

0 Kudos
Animals12

I think it's more I want to relax and let the day go. I'm changing the way I deal with stress also. So I need other things to do to relax. My favorite thing WAS smoking lol. I need something I love to do like I enjoyed that . Any  ideas? Are u a smoker ? I can't see your profile

elvan

Animals12‌ Go to the toy department of your local Walmart or whatever and buy a bottle of bubble juice.  Go outside and blow bubbles, it teaches you breath control.  Inhale, hold it, and then exhale very slowly through pursed lips...if you exhale to quickly, you will not get any bubbles.  Watching the bubbles float through the air is relaxing.  If you need more ways to deal with your stress...SING, DANCE, listen to your favorite music, go to you tube and look for meditation videos and also yoga.  You CAN do this, you absolutely can.  Believe in yourself, your addiction is telling you that it makes your stress better, your addiction is a liar.

Ellen

sweetplt

Animals12 I Quit smoking on December 3rd of 2018.  (78 days smoke~free) I think most of us did smoke to relax and let the stress flow...I read, do meditation, exercise at the gym, pray, jigsaw puzzles, knit sweaters...etc., I have learned many new ways to relax...it takes time but it is doable...