cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Craving Control

I just saw this on Pinterest and it was too good not to share. 

craving2.jpg

Cravings are not the boss of us, but if one speaks to me (or you!), I'm going to add this to the things I think about. 

Donna

Day 63

11 Replies
indingrl

COOL! GO FOR IT! Yahooooooo celebrating with you Donna 63 NEW THOUGHT LIFE- playing the thought tape ALL THE WAY TO THE END!! GOOD JOB! 

0 Kudos
Sootie

As so many of our dear friends on here already know and have to live with each day.......

And as so many of our dear friends experienced who are no longer with us......rest in peace.

We joke with each other here at EX, we kid around about our lives, our pets our spouses to enjoy the companionship  of community.

But the truth is...smoking will damage your health.

No joke. No kidding.

Stay Strong.

DonnaMarie

I think that's one reason that graphic spoke to me so loudly. My sister (who lives with us) has COPD and I see her struggle and use her inhalers, and I also see her smoke. I need to always think of the health aspects. I've done whatever damage I'm going to do and who knows what lies beneath in my body, ya know? I do know this, I'm not going to make it worse. I'm just not. 

Sootie

@DonnaMarie     My sister also Donna and it makes me so very sad. May they BOTH soon see the light and quit!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You WILL do this!  BELIEVE!!!!

elvan

As someone who struggles with shortness of breath every single day, I think this is a really good graphic...wish I had seen it and paid attention when it wasn't too late.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Magnolialane

Never too late to be healthier as long as you are living. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Magnolialane‌ I hear you and I am certainly giving it my best shot but when you hear the word irreversible to describe your lung damage and then you have both upper lobes of your lungs surgically removed...it is a bit hard to NOT consider it to be too late.  I am not smoking and haven't for over five years and I work out regularly and eat a better diet than I ever have, I have no desire whatsoever to smoke or to be exposed to smoke.

DonnaMarie

You are doing what you need to do to live your best life given the circumstances; at least that's the way it seems to me. Respect!