cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gramX2

Lung Surgery

I had vats lung surgery in November to remove a nodule and some extra tissue around it and I am still having pain under my arm. And my armpit, breast and along the back is still numb. Has anyone else had this type of surgery and what was your recovery. I did let the hospital know and they gave me nerve pain pills but not really a fan as they make it hard to concentrate at work. I will continue to deal with it, its not debilitating but probably a steady 4 with an occasional sharp pain just curious on what anyone else's surgery was like.

18 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing. Hoping you feel better soon and PLEASE ASK your doctor or the surgeon who did your operation to take care of you-thank you and GOOD JOB STAYING A NON SMOKER NO MATTER WHAT! WAY TO GO!

elvan

I had lung volume reduction surgery, bilaterally and nerve damage was done from the chest tubes.  I, too, was put on medication to help with the nerve pain but I could not take it...first it made me drowsy and then it made me seriously angry.  I did not realize that was a side effect of the medication.  It has been more than 3 years since I had the surgery and the pain sometimes is still there but I have chronic back pain that overshadows most other pain.  

My surgery was not the same as yours so I have no idea if there would be any relationship.  I am proud of you for staying smoke free, it is the best way to get better.  

Ellen

sweetplt

Oh my I am so sorry to hear this and I can’t help you out because I didn’t have the surgery.  Please take care of you and gosh going to say prayers you will feel less pain.   ~ gotcha in my thoughts & prayers ~ Colleen

Sootie

I too, cannot help you with your questions......but I am keeping you in my prayers.

Giulia

Can't answer your question, but am sending up good thoughts and hope of relief of pain for you.  A steady 4 in pain level is...oooh, not nice.   I'm sorry you're going through it.  Have you gone on line to look for support sites in that area?  Might find something to latch onto that will help.  

gramX2

Thanks for the support, I am going to my regular dr next month so I will see what he says, I've read that this surgery can leave permanent nerve damage so this may be what I just have to deal with but it is still so much better than lung cancer so I will take it and be grateful.

minihorses

I'm sending you prayers.  I can symptomise with you!  I've had other surgeries with similar post-op problems.  But see your doc.  Constant pain is tiring to your body as well.   I hope you feel better soon!

Julie

Lauralives

I am sorry that you are experiencing this pain! Yes, I would ask the Dr. and I hope they can help answer your questions.  Love to you!!

Sootie

gramX2

How are you doing? Is the pain any better? Let us know how things are going.

0 Kudos