Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

carole2

Day to Day with COPD

This group is amazing!
http://daytodaywcopd.proboards.com/index.cgi

And so informative I just joined myself. A girl by the name of Colleen started it up and she is in my 2nd Wind group. http://www.2ndwind.org/mailinglist/index.html

All sorts of info there.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Thank you Carole for both websites. I think I'll join the first one. I may be needing to join the second one sooner than later. I'm having some really bad chest pains that don't go away sometimes. And sometimes they go up into my chest and arm. Sometimes the inhaler helps to relieve some of the pain, but not always. I will be seeing my doctor soon and see what she says about it. Hopefully my Emphysema is not getting any worse.
0 Kudos
carole2

Oh Barb I'm sorry I hope you can find some help and all is better soon. Keep me posted.
0 Kudos
thom

On 04/02/06 I wanted to see a film about Edgar Cayce at the library. I left the house with a cigarette in my mouth, and coughed all the way to my car. I realized that I was intending to sit in a group of people enjoying a film and cough all the way through the film, ruining it for everyone. I went back into the house, put the the cigarette out, said out loud "That's the last time a cigarette tells me where I can and can't go." and I've never touched a cigarette since. My action and thought were so strong that if you were to sit across the table from me today with a cigarette in your mouth I wouldn't see the cigarette. They don't exist. It can be done.
0 Kudos

Isn't it a shame that too many of us wait until the cough gets that bad before we decide to quit. I'm trying like mad to get my kids to quit before that happens to them. But without being one of those nagging ex-smokers. I just try to remind them from time to time of the struggles I have to breathe, and when they hear me cough, I remind them why I'm coughing. What a very impressive quit you have Thom, and welcome to our group! I'm sure you will have a lot of good things to contribute.
0 Kudos
kellie3

Ughhh Barb, I know just how you feel. Brittney (my 27 year old daughter) has been struggling to stay quit.

I am the QUEEN of no excuses. I think I even put my foot in my mouth around here for a blog I wrote. However, when it comes to my daughter I am her biggest inable-er. I hate me for that.

I fall into all of the excuses where she is concerned.... like... she is a single mother who struggles month to month to provide for her and her daughter. She just started a new job/career in law enforcement / emergency management and is under a tremendous amount of stress.
Yada, Yada, Yada!!! See what I mean. Actually there is no excuse to smoke. All of the above is not made easier by puffing. I just can't bring myself to push her.
It already is getting uncomfortable (unsaid uncomfort) when she goes outside each time to smoke, or excuses herself early from dinners out to go outside and smoke. Or to leave the mall to smoke. I remember that being me. I am glad for myself and at the same time sick for her that she is still doing it.
Especially us who have the scars to show from our battle with smoking. I sometimes feel like SCREAMING... Don't you see what I did to myself, can't you learn from my mistakes!!
We both know it's not that easy.
0 Kudos