Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

My silly dog

This is my dog. Her name is Abbey.

2018_01_16_Controller.jpg

She looks like a super smart critter, doesn't she? Well, she's about the silliest thing in the world. She makes me laugh every single day. She just turned 6 and I'm not ready for her to grow older yet. 

Abbey used to be my smoking buddy. Almost every time I walk by the front door, she looks to the door as if I'm going to open it and we're going on the front porch. I posted recently that I finally was brave enough to sit on the porch and do some sanding. She was gloriously comfortable on the other end of the glider. And today, she keeps looking at the front door longingly. I keep telling her that we don't do that anymore, but she doesn't listen

She also is my walking buddy. Let me explain that. I go outside and walk my mile (12 laps around my fenced yard) and she sits and watches. Again, she just cracks me up. I do one cool down lap after the 12 and tell her it's my last one. If I say that more than once or twice, she gets up and starts running as if there's no tomorrow.

Over the weekend, my husband put on her harness and left to go walking with her in the woods and I went with them. It totally threw her off that I was there. 

Lastly, she's such a good listener. If she could tell you the things I've said as I've been going through this quit, I'd be so embarrassed. She gives me those big eyes and big ears, and she becomes my audience of one. 

Anyway, I just wanted to veer away from my quit for a couple minutes and introduce you to Abbey. She's the best quit buddy a gal could ever have.

Donna

Day 52

Tags (1)
33 Replies
karenjones

What would we do with out dogs. And just think you are doing a good thing for her too by not smoking.  She is no longer around second hand smoke.

anaussiemom

Unconditional love 24/7 a free joy" and loves" of our life's. 

tumblr_na54d2iqNi1tds2vfo1_400.gif
NOPE!  Cannot imagine living life without fur bebes.

Barbscloud

That's wonderful.  I know what you mean.  They are such creatures of habit.  Cloud started laying in the yard several months ago when I'd take her out to go to the bathroom--no matter what the weather!  I wanted her to be able to do that, but of course I didn't want to smoke.  I started taking my phone and playing a video game while I sat on the porch.  It was a bit chilly sometimes, but well worth it.  I talked to Cloud about everything.   She knew more about me than anyone.  Abbey  is so cute.  Thanks for sharing her with us.

Barb

DonnaMarie

Can you share a picture of Cloud? Sounds like a wonderful dog. 

Barbscloud

Check my avatar.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Love your Abbey DonnaMarie ... she is beautiful... If only our dogs could talk... lol 

This is my Peanut with her toy Lamchop 

2622325B-25B8-43D6-84CD-DDF2CD9881D8.jpeg

Beck37

I quit drinking 14 years ago. Sadie and Milo are my first fur babies that never saw me drunk  My next babies will have it even better cause they will never see me smoke. They are our kids and are affected by all our actions. They are much more in tune to us than most of the humans we surround ourselves with. 

My “kids” keep me sane and deserve the best that I can be. 

Beck