cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

We The "PEOPLE" Have The Power To Stop This Madness..

ONE BABY STEP AT A TIME.

The last Pack" of cigarettes, I bought, and I put in my body, was on January 14th 2019. (The very last) Amen.

This is what I discovered on the pack, that I bought and allowed in my body!  It was the first time I had witnessed and saw on the package is a Warning that reads:
Philip Morris USA, Reynolds Tobacco, Lorilard and Altria. 

Intentiona
lly Designed Cigarettes To Make Them More Addictive!

Cigarette companies control the impact and delivery of nicotine in MANY" ways, Including" designing filters and selecting cigarette Paper" to Maximize" the Ingestion" of nicotine, adding AMMONIA" to make the cigarette TASTE LESS HARSH" AND CONTROLLING THE PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL MAKE-UP OF THE TOBACCO BLEND!

WHEN YOU SMOKE, THE NICOTINE ACTUALLY" CHANGES" THE" BRAIN----

THAT IS WHY!!

!!QUITTING IS SO HARD!!

A federal court ordered these companies, to make this statement about designing cigarettes"  To enhance them!!

Makes me so angry, that it took so long to get this warning on cigarettes! 
                                                               50510676_2089961367763572_6116635566739030016_n.jpg

50755881_407397056733384_6546188414381719552_n.jpg

15 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Quitting is not easy - but with a positive attitude it is easier.  Look around at all the successful quitters - Many who are active on this site and many who are no longer active here.  Let's spread the word - You can quit and it will be one of the most rewarding things that you will ever do!

anaussiemom

Point I was making is, finally!  They have to fess up to anyone who is confused, on quitting and being difficult...  Jennifer-Quit-05-01-14 

sweetplt

Thank you for sharing Kim.  I have never paid attention to the warning.  Hmm? Wonder why? My ignorance of being an addict.  ~ Colleen

anaussiemom

Here in Ohio it was a brand New Warning.  I'm glad they have to do it.  sweetplt

Hugs

DavesTime

Is that warning just in cigs sold in Ohio, or is it now country-wide? I haven't looked closely at or touched a pack since I quit last September. (My wife has, since she was assigned to inventory and order the cigarettes at the grocery store she works at. Glad I don't have her job! )

anaussiemom

DavesTime  I do not know?   It says a Federal  Court, that was issued to the Companies that I named above.   That is all I could find on the pamphlet, that came with  a pack Marlboro.    Don't know when it started, and such. 

Made me angry !!

Also found t he book, that  is suggested to us new quits," very helpful, TOO!

I honestly don't know when this was mandated.
  But I, am angry and to scared,  along with high BP, that scared me...To light a another, or ingest any other tobacco products.

I hope the fear of reality,  sticks with me. 

Amen

Hugs Kim

Snoopy2019

This statement that you posted was actually a “statement” posted on tv with this information in Maine.  

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

The point is that science, has done studies, this is the evidence that, they have found and only getting worse"

Has nothing to do with positives!"    Has to do with reality, of our journey of addiction. 

For anyone new on their journey, yes, hell yes, it is hard.  Doable, yes!  
Very difficult for many of us! 
It is the truth, as scientific studies suggest!

New People, such as myself your not alone I walk this madness with you.  We can do it!
  Positive with a whole lot of negatives, to go with it!

48426436_1139863826191380_3966372396293685248_n.jpg

Jennifer-Quit

Not really very knowledgeable on this - but this is part of a settlement with big tobacco.  They are now required to post warnings on the packs of smokes and I believe they have a choice of several.  I am fairly close to 5 years since I have bought a pack - so I have not seen the new warning messages.  But for what it's worth, the warnings never really deterred me from smoking.  I lived in denial - I told myself that I enjoyed it, when in fact I did not.  I told myself that I was too addicted to quit when in fact I just was not committed enough to quit.   I told myself that the health risks did not apply to me when in fact I am still in danger of dying from a smoke related illness.  Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that big tobacco has to take some responsibility for this very awful addiction, but the bottom line is that ultimately we have to take responsibility for our own actions.