cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

iowena

3 Days to my Quit Date

Good Morning, I have 3 days until my quit date. I have started reading "Easyway" by Allan Carr, I have been reading posts and blogs, my husband has decided he is going to quit too . I have a plan to get rid of all smoking materials on Sunday night before I go to bed . I am excited, nervous, and anxious all at the same time. I see that a few "old timers" are following me in the community which helps me to feel accepted and that I am not alone. I know that this journey to be smoke free is not going to be easy. I have tried numerous times before and have not had a successful quit. I have made a decision this time! I have a support group in place. I am just checking in! Thanks for all the support so far, I look forward to being a member of this community and leaning on those with more experience in the future. 

Tags (1)
9 Replies
maryfreecig

Welcome back. Keep it one day at a time!

0 Kudos
elvan

Oh, you are so NOT ALONE.  We want to help you in any way that you can.  You are doing everything right...reading, getting ready, get some snacks to help you through the beginning.  I particularly liked frozen cherries and frozen blueberries and I kept a little dish of them to munch on.  To be perfectly honest, I ate a LOT of Sour Patch Kids because they really reset my brain.  Stay close to the site...reach out if you need help.  Drink lots and lots of water, it will help to flush your system AND it will also give you a distraction.  You can do this.

Ellen

Strudel

Congrats on deciding to quit! You can do this! So glad you are reading the Carr book! I smoked for 40 years - the support here, along with the education - made all the difference! Stay close! 

Mandolinrain

Welcome to Ex! Stay near us so we can help you. How dod you like Carrs book? I re-read it many times throughout my quit as motivation

sweetplt

This is truly wonderful.  Already you are leading by example and your hubs wants to quit.  We are here to help and especially your first day quit...prepare and get excited you are choosing Life over cigarettes.  Colleen gotcha in my thoughts!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the community to you and your husband.  Stay close and reach out if you need assistance.

Barb

iowena

Thank you everyone! I will stay close on Monday and let everyone know how I am doing! 

maryfreecig

Please do!

0 Kudos
virgomama

Welcome, iowena.  I'm so glad you found this site. I truly feel that this site made the difference for me this time. I had quit several times before, and I'm still pretty new on this quit./  But I have a courage, and determination I never had before.  I attribute this to the knowledge I found on this site and the plan I put in place.  Make your plan and follow it,  It makes all the difference.  Again welcome.  You CAN do this.

Cindy