cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

Different Time

Omg I am sitting at Tampa airport waiting on flight. I am at a gate where people are talking about people smoking in a cage, I turn around and lo and behold...I have flown in and out of this airport for 25 years and never knew you could smoke.  I am from a no smoking generation in airports. I had to take a picture to prove it, for this I am glad I don’t smoke....

Yeah to 52 days.

0A505617-9AD8-4939-A5E0-043DBB6B8AAE.jpeg

13 Replies
TW517

I've seen them.  I think Atlanta still has them as well.  I would never use them because I was too embarrassed to.  Of course, I was so smug and proud of myself for not stooping to that level.  I'm of the age where smoking was allowed on airplanes.  I used to travel a lot in the late '70s and early '80s.  Within seconds of that No Smoking light going off, the entire plane would become a dense haze of smoke.  Always felt sorry for the people in the "Non-Smoking" section.  As if there was any escape from the smoke.  

sweetplt

I couldn’t  imagine ... like you my hubs always traveled during 80 ‘s on business and wasn’t a smoker 

... he hated it ... not sure why he married me, but I was a closet smoker, like Jackie O lol 

YoungAtHeart

Kinda' like a peeing section in a swimming pool, huh?!

sweetplt

Hee hee 

0 Kudos

Ha! That was hilarious!

elvan

I remember flying many years ago and there was a glassed in smoking area in the Cincinnati airport.  I actually went in and lit a cigarette...the smoke was so thick that it was hard to find one of the floor ashtrays.  I only took a couple of puffs because I FELT like I had smoked a pack.  I went into the bathroom and washed every part of myself that I could...I wanted to throw my clothes in the trash can.  I KNOW that when I boarded my flight, I STILL smelled because I could smell myself and it was terrible.  I had heard that Atlanta still had a place...WHY???

sweetplt

Ellen I was going to say that I remember one in Atlanta but it looked like glass smoked room and that was early 90’s ...this was a cage to outside ...  I never saw anything like it.  I can tell looking at the crew out there made me estactic I was quit...

0 Kudos
Sootie

I was at that airport too Ellen----of course when I was a smoker I LOOKED for a lay over in Cincinnati .........loved that you could smoke inside without going outside the terminal and then needing to come back in thru security. When I would get stuck with a layover in OHare....I would literally fly off the plane and RUN through the airport to the outside where I knew the smokers went......smoke two or three cigarettes back to back. That smoking room in Cincinnati even provided matches (since they weren't allowed on the plane. Of course the room was so smoky----you didn't need cigarettes!!! Just had to inhale.

Looking back I really cannot believe that was me. It certainly mde flying a challenge. Most of my "fight plan" in those days was how and when I would get to smoke!

SO STUPID!

Strudel

Oh my gosh!