cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Trekking deeper into No Mans Land

I haven’t a day count, but for the first week since I quit on December 1st, I REALLY want the real thing.  I’m so tired of thinking about it all the time.  I actually got up one morning wondering where my cigs and lighter were.  This is a tough phase.  The first month was easy compared to this.  Not even the NRT's seem to be helping.  I don’t want a cigarette, but I miss the what seemed an easy acclaimation I was having.  I know this is unique to eveyone, but I’m curious as to others ways of gettin thru this and how long it lasted.  I finally got a copy of Allen Carr's book too.  Won’t help m no think about it, but I do hope to find some inspiration in it although he’s a cold turkey advocate.  Thanks in advance.  The sweats and anxiety are the worst and fatigue.  

17 Replies
sweetplt

Hi hon 

I was feeling this way two weeks ago...and someone mentioned to go over Quit tools and redo them.  If I am on the phone esp stressful family call, I have a coloring book ready with color pencils, truly relaxing.  If urge bad I get on my knees and ask for Hods strength, it passes, I exercise throughout the day and walk twice a day,   I am trying new healthy recipes.  Ok I am giving you a few ideas ... you need to redirect and find new things to do ... I am sending positive vibes you way...oh I forgot maybe try meditation, it really helps the anxiety... gotcha in my thoughts.  Colleen

Tinalbowser

Oh. This is hard. God bless us

Barbara145

Good morning.  Good to see you.  Although it may not feel like it, you are doing great. Believe it or not what you are going through is growing you. It is difficult but so worth it.  I love the new me as opposed to the smoker me.  There will come a day when you realize you are not thinking about cigarettes 24-7.  Taking a short walk helped me so much when I felt like I was at the end of my rope.  Even out to the mailbox and back works.  There is nothing better for our lungs than walking.  Wishing you a blessed day. 

Lasttimeagain

I'm on day 131 today. First day out of no man's land. From what I have found so far, it's not waking up one day and feeling all better. I did get those kinds of feelings in the first few weeks, but once I was in no man's land it became one day and then another and then another. Each day has been a tiny bit better than the previous. I don't really think about smoking, rather I think about not smoking. I visit this site and the whyquit blog and read other people's stories and watch the videos and just keep reminding myself what I am doing and why I'm doing it. I've lost too many quits, many of them long term  due to complacency or giving into junkie thinking. This time I have a plan to stay engaged for the long term in this group and whyquit and to support others in their quits. I realize that my journey is not something I can do successfully alone. I realize that taking this journey with others is the best thing I can do to maintain my quit. That and having a plan for dealing with my worst triggers. This time I'm going to stay quit because I know I won't just wake up from this and be cured. I need to invest in this quit. I need to protect my investment and make sure I don't lose it. I've worked to hard to get to where I am to throw it all away an then have to start all over again and potentially face life and death consequences. So, it does get better but it is inch by inch, day by day, week by week, month by month, and eventually year by year. It's a part of me, this quit, and it's something I have to live with and accept for the rest of my life. I'm learning to love it though. 

Just stay busy Gwenivere. Occupy your mind with more important things & stick around here.

M n @ Signature 002-5.JPG

virgomama

Good job, Jen.  I think you're doing great.  I sense a level of acceptance in you now that wasn't there in your earlier blogs.  Even though you aren't seeing or feeling it yet, your progress is there.  It is.  Keep on trekking.  If I calculated right you have 53 days of freedom.  This is a celebration.  Yay you.

Cindy

The only way out is through

anaussiemom

Gwenivere  I think you will get A LOT out of the book.   Cold turkey is just a very small part of what he writes.48389095_2013964012026801_6371623892452114432_n.jpg

That is how I feel about NML

0 Kudos
Tinalbowser

So true