cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Another patch question

I’m asking for feedback from other patch users about getting the cold sweats like clockwork every night.  This is a new development that started within the last 2 weeks in my 6th week of using the 14mgs ones.  I can be freezing lower body, but this kicks in about 6 hours after I have applied it.  I appreciate people’s thoughts to ditch them, but I’m going to stick with the program.  Cigs first, nicotine later.  The lozenges help some.  I also have.anxiety.disorder, but this was never a symptom.  I have my docs OK extend my stay on this dose.  I don’t wear them for sleep.  Has anyone experienced this?  It started at week 4 and I am at week 6.  Do they peek and start pooping out?  My brain is getting what it did smoking and had seemed to be adjusting til,this started happening.  I called the manufacturer to report it.  They had no answers.  I’m wondering if it was a bad lot or the stress levels are so high it’s not as dffective as it was. It’s not a perfect system,  but.i knew I couldn’t.do cold turkey.  Hard to think about step in game down to 7 with this happening.  I like the longest as I can control those.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I did a search and found a person complaining of this as a withdrawal symptom:I knew quitting would be hard, but... - quittingsmoking nicotine withdrawal | Ask MetaFilter   They didn't state if they were using the patch.  I didn't use them, so can't help you much more than this.

Nancy.

anaussiemom

I too use the patch. I may have a little sweating, but am not sure.  Could be other things or meds.  Im not exactly sure.  Many meds including patches and such can cause all kinds of side effects.  That is the reality of anything we put into our body 😕

https://www.mayo.edu/research/documents/medication-handout-2015-02-pdf/doc-20140182