cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Status Updates

In my experience on Jive in this online community -  Status Updates are getting buried.  Perhaps there is a hope by the Admins of the site that it would come more to the fore - but since the platform migrated - I haven't seen that happen.  And that's been well over a year now.  I've seen the status updates fall below the radar in the community responses on a general basis.  We're missing new people all the time and that's not good..  

So - I would suggest that that category of communication be eliminated on this site.  We've got already two strong forms of community interaction - Blogs and Discussions.  I don't know if Status Updates can be eliminated from the site due to whatever the parameters of Jive, but if so - let it go.  Too many new people are getting lost within our on-line community. At least from my experience of viewing the process.

The only other choice would be to point it up  - but then that would create more confliction (I just made up a new word!)  Less is more.  If you read some of the posts of new members they are totally confused as to where to post what.  Too many choices, although exciting, ultimately is  debilitating.  

In my humble opinion.

17 Replies

Agreed- if you do not catch it under recent activity on the home page - it is missed,

TW517

Couldn't agree more.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

If status updates could be added to your stream we could have a view of what is happening there.  I have tried to figure how to add it to my stream under my Ex feed but have not been successful. 

0 Kudos

JACKIE1-25-15

You actually can.

pastedImage_1.png

1. Go to My EX Feed
  2. Click on All Activity
  3. Click Filter
  4. Check Status Updates

I'm looking to see how you can save/add it as a stream.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

ABSOLUTAMENTLY    (I made up a new word, too ).

I never see things posted in  Status Update.

Begone, evil one, be gone!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulia‌, Jennifer-Quit‌, TW517‌, Mandolinrain‌ and YoungAtHeart

Thanks for the feedback.  We're currently in the early process of getting the wall posts from the old community migrated over as status updates. There were some technical limitations to doing it that have now been resolved. 

I'll talk to Megan about this request. If it were to happen it wouldn't be until after that work was done. Also the feedback that has been provided here is established members of the community. I always like to get opinions from various types of users so hopefully we'll get some new users as well. 

I'm also going to see how we could better feature status updates in ways I might not be utilizing. Not saying that we'd do anything but I like to be armed with the knowledge.

Thanks again!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Giulia Champion  Have no clue what you mean but love the Guiliaisms

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I had no idea. Good catch!

0 Kudos