cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

sharing this site....

today MY friend shared her husband just got out of hospital-pneumonia-emphasema-and coughing up blood-she said he quit smoking and she said she vapes outside and doesnt want him to smoke cuz of her addiction-i shared how i quit-i shared i been with this recovery support group 7 years and its good for support-i invited her and hubby-she thanked ME-then she said i am afraid i will gain weight if i quit-i said well i gained 20 pounds and lost-it happens in the beginning-i said everyone needs support-then i got home and wondered -does sharing this recovery from nicotine site happen with anyone here? Thank you.

5 Replies
MarilynH

I think it's wonderful to share this site I've shared with several people in person and I've shared ex on FB many times but so far no one has actually checked out the community yet but I'll keep trying ....

elvan

I have shared the site with more than one person but I don't know if they came here or not because they may not have a user name that I recognize.  I can tell you that I believe I have led at least two people to quit...both of them my kids.  One has over three years and the other has over three months.  I talk about EX all the time, even now, after over 4 years.

Deena-A-Yenni

I have shared and talk about this site as well.  No one has joined to my knowledge and that's sad BUT I haven't given up hope for them.

I chatted with a couple smokers while waiting for the Dentist to open a couple weeks ago.. I told them we could teach them how to quit smoking.

Giulia

Something I've learned in life over my 69 years on this planet - just put out the seed.  It grows or it falls on fallow ground. We can only act as pollinators.