cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

IrishRose

Hurricanes and Your Forever Quit

Preparing for a hurricane is a lot like preparing for your forever quit.  Your life and/or livelihood depend on just how well you prepare to protect yourself and your property.

Hurricane Michael has been the second storm, exactly one month from the first, Hurricane Florence, to miss us head on.  With both, we prepared the same way, because you never know the true route it will take as it barrels through.  Michael brought stronger winds and less rain to our area.  Lots of tree limbs to pick up this time around, but once again we were blessed.

This morning, we went outside to find a flower on one of the houseplants I hesitantly left on the front porch.  I left them outside, because one year awhile back when the houseplants were brought in, a baby copperhead snake was found on the kitchen floor.  It was a hatchling hiding in one of the plants. 

A present from nature left for us after the storm . . .

flower.JPG

Irish Rose      

6 Replies
Strudel

Beautiful flower Irish Rose! So glad you are okay! Michael was pretty intense here in Greensboro - lots of wind and rain. Many downed trees and power outages - no school. But I was very lucky - no power loss. All is well today - just so sad for the folks in Florida. These storms are so horrific.... hope the season is over now. 

Please take care! 

IrishRose

Strudel  We did not lose power either.  You always worry about the food in the freezer.  I try to do an inventory and use up freezer food before the real hurricane season comes this way.  I pray we are down with this season of storms.  My nerves are frayed this time around.  Glad you are ok too.

(((((hug))))) for you!

Irish Rose 

Strudel

Hugs back at you Irish Rose! 

elvan

Oh WOW, that's beautiful!  I am SO GLAD that you came through this storm without damage.  How absolutely terrifying.  There were deaths here in VA from flash flooding, so sad but the damage in Florida is just beyond anything I can imagine.  

Sending love and hugs and happy to hear that prayers were answered again.

Ellen

IrishRose

elvan‌ , seems like the storms are getting more intense and frequent than they used to be.  You might as well flip a coin when they pop up so quickly.  We took a direct hit with Hurricane Hugo in 1989, and it was absolutely horrifying.  The meter that measures winds broke at 150 mph in our area.  One day, I will post photos of what was left of the house we were in during that storm. 

My heart goes out to those in Florida, especially Mexico Island.  If you live directly on the beach, it is best for you to move inland until the storm passes, because you just do not know what is going to happen until it is too late.  It is dangerous inland, but at least you will not get the storm surge that comes with hurricanes. 

We have had our share of problems with these storms on the east coast states this year, that's for sure.

((((((hug)))))) for you!!!

Irish Rose 

MarilynH

((((((((((((((((((((Huge loving hug coming your way and prayers that the hurricanes are done)))))))))))))))))))

0 Kudos