cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge October 2018

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

Happy October everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

It is a very well-known fact that the month of October is filled with a lot of festivals all over the world.

The name October has been derived from the Latin “Octo” which means eight because October was the eighth month of the year, according to the Roman calendar. It was called Winterfylleth, meaning the “fullness of winter”, by the Anglo-Saxons because it had the first full moon of the winter season.

Columbus Day, the second Monday of October, is a national holiday and celebrated in many countries of the Americas as the anniversary of Christopher Columbus’s arrival in America in 1492.

Halloween, the spookiest night of the year, is celebrated in a number of countries on October 31, the eve of All Hallows’ Day. It is believed that on this day the spirits can wander the earth freely and children can hop for treats in the neighborhood in the guise of various costumes. Interestingly, in terms of expenditure, Halloween is second only to the Christmas.

Also, in the U.S.A., October not only marks the onset of the festive season but is also celebrated as the National Pizza Month, Popcorn Month, Pork Month and Sausage Month.

Many famous personalities were born in October, including Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869. He was one of the famous leaders of the Indian Independence.

Bill Gates, the world’s richest man from 1995 to 2017, was born on October 28, 1955. He is not only the founder of Microsoft but also an investor, author and philanthropist. He built Microsoft, the world’s largest PC software company. Bill Gates is a proponent of higher taxes, particularly for the rich.

Now that you have a few facts about October, it is time to pledge

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
466 Replies
Roller831

Good Morning and Happy October!  I am happy to take princessdeb‌'s hand from September and pull her into October while I pledge not to smoke today NMW!  My free hand is EXtended to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 467 DOF

Mommamich

Good morning rollercoaster831, I humbly accept your free hand and pledge to not smoke today. I extend my free hand to the next EX in line making their pledge.

MarilynH

I'll happily take your hand Mommamich and pledge to remain Smokefree while EXtending my free hand to the next person in line to pledge. 

Marilyn 1540 DOF 

Bree19

Good afternoon Roller

Thanks for your hand to hold while I pledge NOPE with you.  I extend the other hand for the next EXer to pledge.

Bree 581 DOF

Sandi4

Good morning MarilynH

I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.

Rabbit! Rabbit! (My daughter and I say this for good luck on the first of every month:)

Sandi

282 DOF

Barbscloud

Good morning Sandi4‌  I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Happy October

202 DOF

virgomama

Good morning Barbscloud.  I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.  This will be my first pledge. Day 1

Mandolinrain

Good morning, I have your hand virgomama and extend my other out to the next in Line. We won't be puffing away today.

Missy 1490 DOF

BostonGirl

Good Morning and thank you for your hand, which I will hold tight while pledging not to smoke!! My free hand is waiting for our next friend to join in pledging.  

Donna 42 DOF

PS:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY GNOBLE!!!!!!