cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

virgomama

QUIT DAY TOMORROW

It happens tomorrow.  My journey into the non-smoking world.  My plan is in place and quit kit ready.  My main support will be this community and the knowledge I've gained here.

I've made the decision to start the quit with nicotine patches.  I've read lots of differing opinions on this.  Some of you used it some didn't and I considered both sides.  My choice is to use the patches.  My reasoning is to deal with this addiction in two phases.  The first phase will be to deal with all the triggers. I live with someone who is still smoking so that's a big one in itself. I figure the patches will give me time to get a handle on that before I deal with withdrawals too.

So this is it.  I'll be doing the daily pledge starting tomorrow a.m.

I'm a little nervous  and can feel my addiction talking

already.  But my motto is going to be N.O.P.E. I hope you'll all be there for me.  I have a feeling I'm going to need you.

29 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I'll be here for you!

raise-hand-woman.png

As I am sure many others will be.

You CAN do this!    Get ready!        Get set.....................................................

virgomama

Go................  I think I can...I think I can.........on to I knew I could............................  Thanks for your help and knowledge.  I've read a lot of your blogs.  They really helped.

SaraCorinne

giphy (1).gif

I'm here too although my quit is still pretty new! 

YOU CAN DO IT! 

virgomama

Thanks SaraCorinne.  Since we're both newbies we can cheer each other on.  Congrats to you for keeping your quit.

indingrl

YAHOOOO!

TW517

I think tomorrow is an excellent day to quit smoking!  We will all be here for you

virgomama

Thanks for the support.  I'm so appreciative. 

Giulia

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Mommamich

I know you will make it. I've followed you on here and you really have done your homework and have a great attitude. I'm  a newly here and I assure you that you've got my support but please look for advise from the elders. Good luck and remember......when you need help, ask for. Put HELP as the title. It's amazing how quickly help will arrive.