cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Boredom drives me crazy

It’s amazing how much I smoked just out of being bored. Most of the time when I smoked just to give myself something to do outnumbered the times I smoked because it was ‘time’. I had one of those days today and found something to do to calm the boredom. I took a walk around my neighborhood, did some gardening and now I’m binge watching The Real Housewives. ALL of them  

Whatever it takes to continue on my journey.

Tags (1)
13 Replies
alysonoholic

I was having this exact realization today, Ralph1955‌! You are basically my spirit animal - those are such great ways to use your time and prevent boredom. 

Ralph1955

Love being your Spirit Animal  

MarilynH

You are doing super fantastic with your awesome quit journey YAY for healthy distractions too.....

Barbara145

As you get comfortable in your quit you will probably think of lots to do and experience.  Give it time.  You are doing great.

elvan

Ralph1955  Hahahahaha...you have made me really laugh, ALL of the Real Housewives.???  You might wake up with brain damage.  I have watched a LOT of them but when I got to the point where I hated ALL of the women, I had to stop.  I binge watch Grey's Anatomy and some Netflix shows but I actually haven't done that for a while.  I will get into cleaning soon...that keeps me from being bored because the dust and dirt are constantly being replaced...funny how that happens.

Have a delightful evening,

Ellen

Ralph1955

Gotta love those housewives   . Watching them makes me glad I don’t have their issues. LOL 

YoungAtHeart

I just finished watching Suits from the first episode....and had finished House of Cards before that (I didn't watch the final season - never liked Claire and couldn't imagine the series without Spacey).  I have also watched Orange is the New Black - and didn't think this year's offerings were anything to write home about.  A friend comes over at least once a week and we watch something together.  We are now working our way through Murder in Paradise. Very light but interesting.  It's a cross between Colombo and Monk.   Seems like primary character actors leave English shows much more frequently than American ones.  I LOVED the initial detective on Paradise, but he left after only two seasons.  His female interest left shortly thereafter.  It takes some getting used to.  i could never get into the Housewives.....too much like a soap opera for me.  I am concurrently watching Call the Midwife...and like it.  I only watch about one show a night - now that the American TV season is starting, I will watch less Netflix, I guess.

Going for a walk ALWAYS is the right answer for boredom  Gets some dopamine going, and being outside has been proven to help depression.  Do that more often, if you can.

You are doing GREAT - keep going!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Wentworth is awesome. I had to quit watching orange os the new black....Kinda grossed me out. Parts of Wentworth does too, but the storyline really keeps you on edge of your seat. 6 seasons long. Season 7 is in the making. I am at beginning of 4th season. Its on Netflix

0 Kudos
elvan

YoungAtHeart   Love Suits...watched it in "real" time when it first started and I thoroughly enjoyed it...also loved House of Cards but did not watch last season, I found the whole thing too disturbing and I LOVED Kevin Spacey's voice, cannot imagine the show without it but now cannot imagine the show WITH it.  Orange is the New Black is still waiting for me to catch up, I have to be in the right mood and I just have not been there in a while.  Mandolinrain  I have not heard of Wentworth...I tend to forget that our daughter put Netflix on our TV's and Amazon Prime on one of them.  I turn on the TV and see what is being broadcast and then I often leave it droning in the background but I have no idea what is really ON.  My mother used to watch the Weather Channel for HOURS and my sisters and I have found that we sometimes do the same thing.

Ralph1955  How ARE you?  Did you survive your boredom treatment?  I am not sure I know what boredom is...I think I used to when I was a kid but it's been so long since I felt any sense of boredom that I have lost touch with it, I tend to struggle more with deciding which of the many, many things on my to do list that I have the energy to start.

Ellen