cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Tdcm

three weeks and one day

ive hit my three week  mark yall !! so far no slips, I did call my boyfriend this morning having an emotional break down though! I'm so emotional I don't know how I feel from one minute to the next , for the most part I'm happy and excited and so so proud of my self, but then I get sad because I really still miss my Marlboro even just seeing the pack setting close to me I miss, I feel like I'm forgetting something everywhere I go, and then I get angry , so angry at this addiction that I ever let it get this bad. but for the better part I walked out into the shop here at work where we smoke or should I say THEY smoke to give someone a message  and the smell about knocked me out I realized how awful the cigarette smoke smelled I felt like it got all over my fresh tobacco free cloths lol.. and then I also noticed my taste buds yesterday I went to eat some pickles and oh my gosh they were sooo salty and the juice about choked me it was so strong but they were yummy !! my fingernails are so pretty yall I'm really proud of my hands . my friends say my skin is glowing I don't know if its really glowing or if they are just trying to make me feel good about my quit .. but its working .. I don't really feel much healthier yet , but I'm certain that I am .. thanks for letting me tell my three week story .. good luck to all of us fighting the good fight to leave this addiction in the past .. 

Tags (1)
10 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations and hold on the all the positive benefits of not smoking.  

0 Kudos
elvan

GOOD FOR YOU!  Those feelings of being up and then down are going to stick around...you had them when you were smoking too, you just THOUGHT you were "medicating" them away with nicotine...actually, you were STUFFING them down.  Now, you are learning how to feel and you don't need a pack of Marlboro's sitting around to help you with that.  

I am so happy for you...that your skin is glowing and your hands look beautiful...it is just going to keep getting better. You are going to keep GROWING emotionally and THAT glow is going to shine through as well.

Remember, this is not a fight, it is a journey and we travel one day at a time, one step at a time, we don't need luck, we need commitment and the willingness to handle whatever life throws at us...we need to remember that people who never smoked or abused any drugs ALWAYS did that, they learned how to deal with things as they happened, we need to learn the same thing.  We are just a little emotionally stunted, we are not hopeless.

Congratulations on your journey.

Ellen

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Fantastic! High five for all your progress. Keep working your quit.

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON 3 WEEKS NON SMOKER LIVING! GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
SaraCorinne

Congratulations_zps35c2563e.jpg

Feels good, doesn't it?!  

I'm with ya on the ups & downs too....

You're doing EXCELLENT!

GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on your wonderful quit! You are doing this!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tdcm 

Congrats!  I appreciate you updating us on your progress and celebrating your milestones big or small. You're well on your way to a month and then 50 days

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Sandi4

You're doing great!  Stay strong!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 3 weeks.  That's wonderful.  Just remind yourself that the emotional part is normal and is a part of the journey.    It will pass.   

0 Kudos