cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Rock Bottom

Hitting rock bottom means different things to different people at different times. And I have been gently led to hit a bottom not due to Nicotine but to other people's Addiction. Again, I did not cause, I cannot control and I cannot cure others' Addictions  period! I have to trust their Recovery to their personal Higher Power as they understand it. In that willingness comes serenity, courage, wisdom and Freedom from partaking in the Alcoholic chaos. 

I can only live for me and I can only believe what I believe. I can't force my beliefs on anybody else. 

Thank God!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
18 Replies
MarilynH

Humongous caring hug from me to you dear Thomas, I'm sending up good thoughts and prayers for you my friend and Fellow Exer and most definetly EXtended family, I'm wishing you the very best that life has to offer ......

Strudel

You are so right Thomas.....we can only control ourselves. That is a tough enough job - taking care of ourselves. Please take care! 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

We have no control over someone else's actions. NADA

Barbara145

Praying for you Thomas.

SimplySheri

God bless, Thomas!  Wisdom is a gift that can keep you on your path in life.  Compassion is a gift that allows you to use that wisdom.  You do it well.  May you also find peace as well.

Sheri

KMC56

I don't know if you have ever heard the expression, choose your stone.  Goliath did!

You take care of you...by doing just that, you take care of others!

~Kathy

YoungAtHeart

I know from experience, too, that we can't fix anybody but ourselves.  Knowing and accepting are two different things.

Sorry to hear you have struggled with that, as well.  It is a truth, though, that we must accept.

Sending TLC your way.

Nancy

indingrl

yahoo we get to live our own life and hands off others.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Gently led?  Interesting.  I only hit rock bottom once and it certainly was not gently led, emotionally, spiritually, nor physically.  I am glad that it was gentle for you, if that is true.  I am sorry that you had to get to the bottom of that rock.  But when you turn that rock over, after all the slithery things come out, you find that there's a beauty in the learning from it.  And that there is no place to go - but up.  The bottom is only the new floor to the next top.

0 Kudos