cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplySheri

Getting Involved

Here I am again, on my yoga soapbox   Today I chose to do "Yoga for Stress Management" because even I deal with stress from time to time.  And honestly, today I didn't want to slow down that much.  But that's when I know I need it.  Stress can make us jittery and fast paced simply so we don't have to think.  Yoga for stress allows me to slow down, breathe through it, and stay focused and balanced.  I didn't want to but I did it and I'm so glad that I did.  I'm good right now

Sometimes when I'm thinking I'm too tired for yoga, I try a practice that stretches my endurance.  Sometimes when I'm achy, I try a deep stretch yoga.  I help my grandchildren practice Yoga for Kids  

The thing about yoga is that it's a lifestyle so there is a practice for anything you're feeling.  Yoga for Depression, Yoga for Anxiety, Yoga for Post-Partem Depression, Chair Yoga, Yoga for Arthritis.....it's there because yoga helps you through whatever it is your going through.  

I know sometimes we just sit there in the dark watching mindless TV as we try to relax after a bad day.  Sometimes we bitch about it.  Sometimes we have some wine.  

But why not try something new?  Whether it's yoga or hiking or training for a 5k run, why not get active to ease your stress or fight your depression or lose that weight or....whatever life has thrown your way?  Get involved rather than stay stationary!  It really, really helps to start moving.

I'm not saying vegging out is bad.  We need it sometimes.  I'm not saying wine is bad although drinking alcohol right after you quit is not always a good idea.  I'm not saying whining about your day is bad.  Get it out so that it doesn't grow bigger in your mind.

I am saying that taking control of your life also means doing something good for you.  Get active because your body AND your mind needs it. 

Ok, off my soapbox   Have a lovely Friday, all!!

Sheri

Tags (1)
0 Replies