cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Sylvia_Deitz

If I Can Do it, So Can You

I haven't been here for a long time, but have been getting some emails lately from this group, so decided to come on the site again and let you all know my progress over the years.  I quit in 2008...almost 10 years ago.  I probably wouldn't have made it if it weren't for this site.  Whenever I would have a bad craving, I would come on here and blog or read someone else's.  Anyway, I was successful and just wanted you all to know that it is possible.  I know at the time when I first quit, I used to really envy the ones who had been quit a year or more, thinking how could I ever do it, but with the encouragement from this support group, I made it.  It will be 10 years Sept. 11.  Also, it helped to learn everything I could about what smoking really does to you physically and mentally and if you look at it logically, why would anyone want to do all that to their body?

Labels (1)
9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Thanks so much for stopping by to share your story.  We preach it all the time, but it really helps our newly quit to hear a success story first hand.

Congratulations early on TEN years!

Nancy

MarilynH

I'm so glad that you you got some emails and decided to stop in congratulations on your upcoming 10 glorious years of Smokefree living and yay for each and every Day WON.....

Strudel

Great to see you! Early congrats on 10 years! 

elvan

I am so glad that you got notified and that you took the time to let us all know that you are almost at TEN YEARS and appreciating your freedom.  Thank you...I remember when I started and I would read someone saying something about this being their "FOREVER QUIT" and I would wonder how they knew and if I would ever know.  I can tell you after over four years...I KNOW.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Hey, thanks for the welcome back, Ellen!  I hope I can be an inspiration

to some of the new quitters.  You're doing so well yourself!  Wow! 4

years is awesome!  I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might

have. I imagine if that were the case, I would get an email?  I'll stop

by every now and then anyway.

Blessings,

Sylvia

Jennifer-Quit

So wonderful to hear another success story!    Thanks for sharing!

Sootie

WOW! How great of you to come back and contribute again!!! I quit in 2009 so I am right behind you. No doubt many of your posts helped me............that's how it goes here, right?

Congrats on almost 10 years and thanks for coming back to visit.

mmossien3

Congradulations!  My quit date is the 22nd.  Your another motivating factor along with other stories and articles I have been reading.  I am actually getting a little excited this time around now that I have found this site. 

elvan

mmossien3‌ That's wonderful to hear.  The reading and the preparation are absolutely vital to a strong and healthy quit...WE are glad you found this site too.  

Welcome,

Ellen

0 Kudos