cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Awesome Pesto !

Pics coming but we LOVED this. Thanks Giulia Now I am going to have to plant tons more basil because I didn’t hVe much planted and I love the idea from Giulia to freeze this. I made the first small batch exactly how G said too then on the second batch I added a can of drained diced tomatoes with onion and pepper. Wow I love it, we love it. Here’s the pics....the dogs were not as excited as I was, lol

7E6AB6CA-9696-402D-9990-B576797A8E08.jpeg

5C311E17-49DA-49CA-B974-725FC061CA37.jpeg

So the pic above is first batch

867F31DB-5893-41DD-BCD5-9F3F6AF4A1DE.jpeg

Above is the second batch

090D2DDB-528F-4D1C-85C0-53F10AF2657F.jpeg

Two small containers...thus the need for more basil plants.

1F3E89F4-4735-4A8A-8916-0A98E243865D.jpeg

Two bored dogs that could really give a rip about my pesto...or my music selection of David Bowie at the time, lol

Ps.....I wonder if adding spinach would taste ok if your short on basil ? May need to try that as well #@@

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
Giulia

So did you like it better with the diced tomatoes?  Too strong a flavor without that?

Mandolinrain

I believe I did only because I added to much olive oil. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

That really looks good!  Probably a good thing the dogs aren't interested - not enough to share 

MarilynH

Looks scrumptious and the poor dogs do look bored.....

Giulia

Will be interested to know if anybody tries Missy's alteration and what they think.  

BTW I loved that splayed out mouth on the fellah on the right.  Now that's true, giving up, boredom!  Even the jaw is slack with lack of interest!

Mandolinrain

My hubby liked the one without the tomato/pepper onion better. I think I just went overboard on the EVOO, lol. He said for sure, thats what I did wrong. I think I will add it tablespoon by tablespoon next time. I am going out to buy more basil planets today  I am so glad you turned me onto this cause to have some over our long winter months, will be a real treat!

0 Kudos