cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gregp136

Different quit, different feelings.

One complete day of freedom, and I am working on day two.  As expected, each time I quit, everything is unexpected.  This time I feel all gross and ugly inside.  The medium to small urges are close to continual. I actually slept pretty good, which was a plus.

So, as much as I am a joyful person, and would love to play on the playground with all of you, it is just not in me at this moment.  I am not leaving, and I am certainly not smoking, but I will be more quiet, since no one needs me yelling at the kids in the sand box for playing with their Tonka Trucks wrong.

15 Replies
AnnetteMM

Playgrounds are not required.  Your quit can be a hermit cave if that's what gives you comfort.  (It did for me)

Barbara145

Oh I was a hermit too.  Whatever it takes was my mantra. Praying for you wonderful Greg.

Jennifer-Quit

I slept through my first few days - do what works for you Greg.

karenjones

I slept alot too. Sleep helps in healing and when we quit smoking we have alot of healing of our poor abused lungs, mouth, circulatory system and whole body and especially our psyche.  do what you have to do gregp136‌ but hold on to that precious quit. you will feel better in a while. yes, you will.

MarilynH

You do what whatever works for you Greg, big hug, deep breaths and know that you can and will kick nicotine's butt into never never land ......

YoungAtHeart

This journey is all about YOU, Greg.  Whatever you need to do is the right thing (except smoke!!).

There will be time to visit on the playground when you are ready.

Just hang in there!!!

Nancy

Lisaml

You don’t have to be anything to anyone, except yourself. 

Your happy self will emerge soon enough. 

< <<Insert butterfly-cocoon reference here>>>

hang in there!!! 

JACKIE1-25-15

Do what is best for you. I stayed pretty much to myself for the first 30 days.  I was glad. I did not have to worry about being grumpy with anyone.  Hang tough, you can do this. 

Giulia

Lungs will be turning less gross and ugly every day they're given tar-less fresh air!  The playground will be here when you're ready to come play again.  And as I said before, and it still holds true...'

I'll be waiting for you at the jungle gym.