Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Smoking Is Premeditated

Think about that.

We think about smoking before we smoke.

Smoking Is Driven By Memories And Fueled By Nicotine

Is Anyone Surprised Surprised?

This common sense would indicate if you get yourself off autopilot before you quit, you are going to be ahead of the game when you are ready to quit.

7 Replies
MarilynH

100 % true! 

AnnetteMM

That's right!  Reframe the word "craving" into the word "memory" and you've got it beat!

elvan

Once you COMPLETELY accept that smoking does not do anything FOR you...it really does diminish its power.  Then it just becomes a waste of time and breath.  

Mandolinrain

For sure and for certain! Also, when I fully understood how my brain was setting me up for the next smoke from the nicotine in the last one I smoked...things really began to 'click' for me. I saw the insanity of chasing may tail overtime I lit up. That knowledge was when my lightbulb went off and I finally 'got it'. I could save a lot of people from 'tail chasing' if they could just grasp that concept.

Giulia

Quitting is premeditated too.  The object of the game is to meditate more on that than the smoking side of the coin.

CoinsmokeA.png

coinquit2.png

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

The moment I crushed out the last cigarette (that I actually never smoked)  I acquired a split personality.

The only words or thoughts that ran through my head was " I Don't Smoke" or "I am NOT a Smoker"...

I also choose NOT to ever associate any positive feelings with smoking....

Why in the world would I want to torture myself like that???

Yes, it is PREMEDITATED.....and I refuse to play THAT GAME!!

Miles of Smiles.....

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

So true.  We have to be mindful of what is happening and not allow our addiction to cause us not the THINK first. 

0 Kudos