cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nymous

one week free of nicotine

Third quit this year. first quit lasted a little over three weeks and the  second lasted 65 days.

Sincerely hoping that this is the final one.. On the positive side Instead of looking at as a failed quit, I try to think that I gave my body some rest from  nicotine .

11 Replies
AnnetteMM

Or perhaps you've learned some valuable information about what didn't work for you.  Our "first responders" will certainly be along soon to give you some more information and links to great reads.  In the meantime, please know you've already done the hardest part!  You've done "hell week" and are now nicotine-free.  Stay that way!  Hope has nothing to do with it.  BELIEVE IT and DO IT.  You do NOT smoke anymore   And WELCOME.

Nymous

I was going through a bad phase, was not getting up from bed and I felt I had a brain fog and was not able to concentrate. I felt like was going in a downward spiral , what was really bothering me was I was not able to think clearly and it felt like my brain was covered with a curtain.

Somewhere the thought came that cigarette will help me get out of this phase. Now i know it is not true.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Our "first responders" ....I LOVE THAT  Annette !!

I feel like we are ALL "Life Savers" and I guess in some ways we are.....

I know your talking about the "Elders" but  we all do pitch in, don't we? 

The Elders through out the "Lifesaver" and the rest of us pull in the rope...

Smiles...

Barbscloud

Congratulations on one week.  You've already accumulated 7 one days at a time.  Hoping This is the final one.

64DOF

indingrl

WOW congrats on one week free....welcome Nymous..... you NON SMOKER YOU....WE are so very glad you are here sharing your experience and courage and love for yourself first and never giving up on you Nymous.....self honesty is the toughest love that keeps you strong....WE gotta want nicotine freedom for ourselves.... not anyone else....Yahooooo your doing that Nymous....I am very joy filled for you and please keep coming back....good job!  Love love love you Nymous! Tadah one day at a time....WE are with ya! Hang in there....hang in there!

gregp136

You know you can do this.  I just read the post you wrote on Feb. 22, when you had quit for 14 days.  You are a forever quitter. I can tell.  Now take all the things you learned the last two times, take that bully nicotine and kick him the heck off the playground!  Do not let him lure you back in!  You WILL do this!

elvan

I had two three week quits in the months before THIS...my forever quit.  I lost both of those two quits because I just could not handle feeling anger.  I have since learned that it's perfectly normal to feel angry sometimes...smoking certainly doesn't make anything better.  I would sit and smoke FURIOUSLY, puff, puff, puff...and imagine the source of my anger incinerating...yeah, that didn't happen.  I quit many times over the course of my very long smoking career...the difference this time was the education about nicotine addiction.  I read everything that was recommended and I read blogs...I came to this site every morning and every evening and often times, during the day when I needed to and I could.  I can't tell you that this was really a PLANNED quit...I wanted to quit for a long time.  I HATED smoking and the way it made me feel.  It made me feel like people were looking at me like I was not a very smart person.   Just like I started smoking because of peer pressure, it played a huge role in my quitting.  My actual quit happened because I got pneumonia and I was SO SICK that there were several times over the course of my recovery when I was not sure I was going to make it.  I have had COPD for some time although I was in denial.  No more...the pneumonia left me with serious damage and COPD is not reversible.  I work out regularly and I eat a healthy diet BUT I am pretty much always short of breath.  The worst now because I am dealing with some broken ribs...the shortness of breath would be more than enough....the fatigue is horrible.  I have chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative disc disease and I have fatigue from them but that is NOTHING compared to this feeling that I can never get enough sleep.  Smoking never did anything FOR me but let me tell you that it sure did a lot TO me.

Stay close to the site, blog, read, ask questions, listen to the answers...this is a journey and there is no excuse worth smoking over.

Welcome back.

Ellen

johnnyRingo5

Congratulations on 7 days smoke, and nicotine free.  That first week is the hardest. 

I've had many short quits too.  When I started to truly realize that life smoke free was much better than life as a smoker, things got a lot better.  Keep up the great work!

Fresher1

Hi...first of all and mostly, congratulations on quitting, again!  That’s been me. Quitting over and over.  I’m on my longest quit right now, 31 days.  I can’t say yet that I’m in love with the whole quitting thing.  I am so very grateful to this site and the support, that really seems to be one of the main things that is helping me.  Frankly when I read things like you quit for 65 days and started again, it’s a little scary. I just don’t want to start again.  That whole first week.  So keep up the good work. One hour at a time!