cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Yvonie

Severe Headaches and lips tingling 44 DOF.. when does it subside??

I still have severe headaches and tingling of fingers, lips..  when will this go away ???

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yes it does.  takes a few days to a week.  it's simply your circulation returning.  You'll probably experience some mouth sores.  I had some radical restless leg in the beginning of my quit.  I increased magnesium at night and it did the trick.  If the headaches are severe, I'd have your doctor check those out

0 Kudos
elvan

I would get checked out by a doc if things don't subside soon...I had increased pain in my hands because they were actually getting circulation for the first time in a long time.  I, too, increased magnesium, I still take it and my hand pain has settled...there are lots of adjustments our poor bodies have to make to being treated well...it's a learning process for our bodies as well as our minds.  You might want to read this blog by YoungAtHeart‌ https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2018/01/04/early-withdrawal-symptoms?sr=se... 

Remember that this is a journey and it takes time for all of the dust to settle...we stirred up a LOT of dust!

Ellen

AnnetteMM

Yep, I've had both.  The lip tingling turned into cold sores twice so far.  I hope it doesn't return ugh.  Headaches went away after a couple of months for me. Hang in there.

GyorgyiM

I know our healing varies from person to person....For myself after 80 + DOF....I just recently started coughing (again) like when I use to smoke, just not as frequently and not as harsh... Restless leg syndrome (yup) Sleeplessness (Yup)

Tingling sensations (Yup) and there are more but I suppose after smoking for 43 years I will continue to have all sort of sensations for quite awhile.... They are uncomfortable but temporary...

Your doing great !  Hopefully you will feel some relief soon...

Elvan's suggestion about seeing a doctor if your headache  persist for too long is a good idea....

Smiles........