cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

I’m in NML. - oh no

I thought after 111 days maybe, just maybe, I would bypass NML. I’ve been trying so hard. I’ve been strong Then boom. I dreamt I smoked last night. Haven’t had the awful dream since my 3rd week. I’m scared. I don’t trust me. A voice keep saying just one   I’m keeping busy. Was gardening and praying. Now I’m going to cook but scared I’ll mess this quit up. This time I really want this for myself. I know the Elders have been where I am today. It’s been on and off all days. Please help support me

Barb

13 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

The only way to get that little voice that keeps begging for just one to shut up is to ignore it.  There is no such thing as just one.  Do whatever is necessary to get through this - what you will find on the other side is pure beauty.  Don't you dare give up those 111 days.  This will pass - please just give it time.

Barb102

Thank you Jennifer. I read your comment and cried. 

AnnetteMM

Hang in there and don't be scared.  You are totally in control, no matter what dreams may come.  They're just dreams.  They're just thoughts.  They have no control over you.  Say "I don't do that anymore" and "Smoking is not an option".

elvan

Oh honey, you are doing SO WELL, taking care of yourself and supporting others.  This will pass...it's your addiction throwing a tantrum...give it a time out.  Deep breaths...a comforting bath, something to celebrate those 111 days!  You've got this, Barb, don't let a dream scare you.  We are here for you and so proud of you for coming here.

Love and hugs,

Ellen

Barb102

Oh Ellen thank you so much for caring about me. It’s just come out of no where. I knew I had to come here for help. I’m glad I did  . I hope you are feeling a little better and trying to take it easy so you can heal. I care about you too

thanks I needed the love and hugs. Everyone thinks it should be over by now. But this addition was 40 years in the making!!  

Barb

0 Kudos
elvan

Barb102  No one HERE thinks it should be "over with"...we have been there and we understand.  It's called No Man's Land for just that reason.  People who never smoked DO think you should be "over it" and people who smoke don't really want to hear about it because WE are protecting our quits and THEY are protecting their addictions.  Relax and give yourself some tender loving care.

Sending another hug,

Ellen

Barbara145

You are doing great.  Give it time, it just takes time.

Barb102

Thanks for the support. I’m very anxious and I don’t know why. I’m going to do what Ellen said and take a nice hot bath.   I need to remember it was worse than this I just didn’t expect it. But, this to shall pass

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

What you are experiencing now is why we shine a spotlight here on this period of your journey.

Remember - a dream or a thought is NOT a call to action - so don't give either any power.  YOU are in charge! 

Glad you came here.  Drag out some of the tools you used early in your quit; they will come in handy again now.

Slow/deep breaths work. so does marching in place or going for a walk, or calling a friend, or blogging here!

You GOT this - just a little bit longer and you will be THERE!

Hang in there!

Nancy