cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JACKIE1-25-15

Don't throw out your food scraps

Missy Mandolinrain  has taught us a few recycling tips when it comes to plants and gardening.  I saw this link and I am saving it for future reference.  Hope that the link works.  Have a great day in the garden.https://blog.goodnest.co.nz/10-vegetables-you-can-grow-from-food-scraps-d19b1802b3c0 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
Opidfght

Thanks for the link it was very informative  going to try the carrot s already do celery and bok choy Happy gardening 

Mandolinrain

Thats an awesome Link!

elvan

At the cafe, we keep compost buckets, we are in the middle of town and have no space for a garden there BUT the food scraps all go to a farmer and feed the chickens.  No waste.

JACKIE1-25-15

I use to compost but it has a tendency to draw animals that I am not too crazy about.  Raccoon and Possums. lol Have a good day.  No waste.

0 Kudos
Opidfght

We still compost got a plastic barrel hubby hooked up a washing machine motor between two horse shoes boards and when you plug in the motor it spins it back and forth to mix up the scrapes and we threw all manure from our chickens in it as well as house scrapes  and goat manure. It makes the best soil for our garden.

JACKIE1-25-15

How ingenious. I had a bin constructed with pallets.  After a few years, I got rid of it all.  Now and then I will throw coffee grinds or fish scrapes out in the garden.