cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TW517

Does anyone else get chills after quitting when drinking cold drinks?

When I quit smoking last May, I followed the Elders' advice of drinking lots of cold water.  It did indeed help, but I noticed that I would feel really chilly for quite awhile afterwards.  Like when you get chills with a fever.  I recently started drinking a lot of ice water again (doctor's suggestion), and have noticed the chills again.  Even if the surrounding temperature I'm in is warm. This never happened before that I remember.  I'm not sure if it has anything to do with being nicotine free, or if it's just an age thing.  As my doc says whenever I say I've never had some symptom before, "You've never been this old before either"

Anyone else have this?

7 Replies
YoungAtHeart

NOPE - although I rarely drink ICE water.  Might you try just a bit of cool water instead?

elvan

I don't usually drink ice water either...just cold water from the faucet and I do get cold if I eat something cold like ice cream or a popsicle.  It's something to make summer more bearable...yeah, I was never this old before either...your doctor is pretty funny.

I have never had that issue either and I drink ice water all day long.  I agree with elvan‌, your doctor is funny!

Roller831

That has only happened to me after I eat ice cream so if your water is cold enough, then it makes sense to me!

TW517

I changed the Subject line per a suggestion from Mark‌.  Much better this way.  Thanks again Mark!

Jennifer-Quit

I am confused  Not a shocker - Did you also change your username?

TW517

I did!  Been wanting to for a long time, but didn't know it was even possible until OldBones-Larry posted about it this morning.