cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

Quit Tokens

This thought occurred to a while back when I saw a AA token.

Thought they were rather special.  So I called a company (Wendells) who makes coins/medallions to find out about pricing to create a BecomeAnEx Quit coin.  Don't know how much Legacy has in the budget for such things, but I wanted to see if anybody would be interested.  We could put NOPE on the front or back, Smoke Free, or... whatever.  There's a minimum order of 100 plus the die cast fee per side.  Nicotine Anonymous has it's own coin.  Just a thought.  Would you be willing to shell out a couple of bucks (less than the cos of a cigarette pack) for one if they were available?

13 Replies
MarilynH

That's a really neat idea it's certainly something to think about!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Nice token.  Yes sure. 

0 Kudos

Sounds like a really good idea to me. Since a quit is done inside, just like any addiction it might be good to have something tangible that can be held and looked at. Kind of like the banner of freedom. And yes, I would take one and hope that people that are just thinking about quitting would want one too. Perhaps enough to start a quit. Who knows?

0 Kudos

A good idea Giulia. Yes

KOKO,

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
missellen

Yes, I would be willing. I was talking to my husband about him making me some tokens for that very purpose (he's an artist, I can barely draw a stick figure).  I think it's a great idea. It's also a goal marker--something to work towards, which might be helpful to people--when the goal of not smoking might not seem tangible enough.

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Nicotine Anonymous gives tokens.  I contacted Voices of Recovery to get my 30 and 90 days ones.  But your idea sounds wonderful, with the EX sayings.

0 Kudos

VERY NICE AND I WOULD ABSOLUTELY WANT ONE IF THEY ARE MADE.....Prairie 46 dof

I could carry that in my pocket instead of my tiny pc. of petrified wood found yrs. ago on my land. I've rubbed it so much it is shiny and actually looks like characters are on each side now..... Always thought that was strange.......

0 Kudos
mikecity

The idea sounds great.  I definitely would want one.  

Daniela2016

I would Giulia‌, we would could also ask our own Mandolinrain‌, Missy, if she would love to take on the project.

She does some very neat work in silver and we might be able to have our staple made by one of us quitters!

D