cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

How are your Teeth?

What???! What does that have to do with COPD? 

You would be surprised. First those germs that live in your gums and under you tongue may bring on an exacerbation. And then there's the fact of Steroids that can leave a powder or mist layer which can cause thrush.

If you have dental hygiene problems whether caused by smoking or genetics or just life - get to the dentist and save your bronchials and lungs.

Here's a great article for Doctors but great for us so we can advocate- are you treating COPD, Dr or are you treating me???

COPD Comorbidities and Complications 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

They have Rinses for people with AIDS  or other immune deficiencies . You swish twice a day and spit but don't rinse.

Ask your dentist for an RX the next time you're in.

The first time I used it before bed, I woke up the next morning with a considerably fresher mouth.

Who Gnu?

0 Kudos
Giulia

Really interesting discussion.  Women in certain societies are not tall, and so are "more vulnerable to COPD in the area of lung growth and size."  Thanks for this, as usual, Thomas.

0 Kudos
elvan

Yikes...I think I have every risk factor, including the one about being short.  I do ridiculously intense oral hygiene and always rinse with baking soda and warm water per my pulmonologist's instructions.  This really IS interesting and informative, Thomas.  You never cease to amaze me.  I was just thinking of you today and wondering how you are.  

Hugs to you,

Ellen