cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PRAIRIE'S JOURNEY NORTH TO HOME BASE

SPENT THE LAST 2 DAYS GETTING READY TO LEAVE SOUTHERN TX. Head back north to my home base of ND. I re-figured the mileage and was off. It is approximately 1620 miles. Will spend tomorrow, with laundry,cleaning the fridge. Hauling last of garbage. Double checking the list of last minute to-do's.

Gathering up all the suitcases and packing up the PC. There are 2 storms out there. Take 1 long day to make it out of TX. Driver is hoping, we can make it home between the 2 storms. We won't drive on ice,snow or in blizzard conditions. May end up spending an extra day,along the way, sitting for a break and clear roads.

Driver wants to be on the road by 8 a.m. on Sunday morning. 1st. day won't be a problem weather wise. Went to exercise class this morning. Put on 12,000 plus steps today.... I'm Beat! All the lifting to pack things. Put stuff away in the winter place...I've been nervous today and had more cravings. Held my ground and used a couple mini nic lozenges. I am worried about the Driver smoking in her SUV. Lots of prayers please for extra strength. So, I can hold my ground. Due to weather predictions,makes me even more nervous about this return trip.

Mazy is keeping her eyes on her stuff,her crate, the suitcases and odds and ends. I've packed a big bag of snacks to keep my mouth busy. I have my Kindle to read. I have an afghan started to work on. I hope to be able to peck out messages on my phone. The letters are so small,it is difficult. All the lifting my back and hip are already revved up and chronic pain is climbing. Still having issues with waking up in middle of the night,when I retire early and not being able to settle into a sound sleep again. Dozy, until I give up and get up. Mazy got us up at 5a.m. this morning gagging! I don't know, if she was to wrap up in her blanket to tight,laid wrong or her tummy was upset. I gave up and got up at 6 a.m. I will probably be keeping that schedule until home.

I have my ther-a-band in my purse to use in motel. Fuel stops to stretch out and exercise a few major muscle groups. Goal is to keep the chronic pain from climbing too much on day 1. As each day after that is tougher.......

Worse case scenario, I'll hook up my pain unit and take a pain pill. I just read the GPS and my girlfriend does the driving. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there fellow Exer's. This will probably be my

Biggest Challenge with my Journey. Pray I am successful!!!!! MY girlfriend is 4 or 5 yrs. younger and has been very supportive of my Quit. Pray she holds the smoking down. I'm thinking it will give me a headache. If, I can make it home without cracking,my hubby will do whatever it takes, to help me level out once again. I think the extra cravings today were triggered by Stress and Fatigue........Also 30 days is rolling around pretty soon. Bringing that NML the Elders speak of........

Please leave your suggestions, encouragement and prayers.. I'll check in when I can,through out Saturday... 

Even come comic relief would be appreciated. Mazy is very good while traveling. She gets bacterial colitis triggered by stress and anxiety. She does well with the traveling.... Just want to know where her auto,crate,driver and grandma are at all times.I do carry her medications all the time,just in case.

We've done well...only had episode 1st. yr. here. Mexican fireworks sound like artillery. They last way to many hours at a time and too many days..... This year weather was wet and nasty...Not so many and she did fine. Most of the pups in our Senior Community do not like them........ Sorry I am to bushed too do alot of comments tonight. As I sit here and relax,I will read as many posts as I can.

May God Keep You and Bless You All, Prairie 25 DOF

BTW- the other major stress today was hearing that a middle school child, at our home base, came 

to school with a gun. We don't have the details yet.....Most upsetting to all of us.........Another reason for not delaying our return to home. Pray for all the parents and children growing up in this chaos we now face everyday........

21 Replies
Mandolinrain

Please know I will be praying for safe travels for you. I was getting ready to turn in and saw this. I a, so glad your not smoking and even more happy you thought of us and to check in.

Yes these school shootings are frightening. I told my husband if I had to raise kids now I would Home school. Our world is changing. But thats another blog....

Sleep/rest well and know your covered in prayer.

xoxoMissy

Thank you...My grand-kids are in a different community. (doesn't matter,as it could happen there too) My girlfriend has grandchildren in that school....So scary.......The kids are locked in when school day starts....No one enters school without staff letting them in. Are we now going to have to install metal detectors? Pat down our kids before school day starts?????????????? World today is a sick place............I'll do all I can to hang tough..........God Bless

Giulia

"If, I can make it home without cracking"  Rewrite that to I CAN MAKE IT HOME WITHOUT CRACKING.  You've come too far to let it all go now.  Sounds like you've prepared yourself for the journey.  Maybe take something that you hold dear that reminds you of your quit that you can turn over in your hand in the car.  A little stone... something.   Safe, safe travels.  Prayers for you going up.  Don't forget those slow, deep breaths.  They really do help.

I have that little piece of petrified wood turned shiny by me rubbing it,thru the years! My Quit Calendar has my grandchildren's,daughter and son-in-law pictures on it.... It will be in my purse.... I have a bag full of crunchy snacks. The hard candies,gums,my pain meds for the riding... Those lozenges for last resort!!!!   All that 2nd. hand smoke,I hope it gives me a headache and makes me sick!!!!! That will only strengthen, the hardest thing I've ever tried to do...........

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

YoungAtHeart

Yes you CAN!

Lisaml

Safe travels for you!! smoking won't get you there any faster! I'll be thinking of you and your journey! Think of all of us any time the temptation hits you!!! And all the reasons why you will NOT cave in. 

Enjoy your trip as best you can, stay ahead of the pain, and please be careful!!! 

Jennifer-Quit

Wishing you safe travels.  

elvan

DO be safe and keep us updated when you can.

XOXO,

Ellen

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You might get some Vicks to put under your nose to negate the smell of your friend's smoking and to remind you of your quit. 

Safe travels!

Nancy