cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Ribba rabba schnabba urges

urge2.jpgSorry about the cuss word on the graphic. I made this last time I quit, even though this is the last time I quit - okay, that's weird. 

I hate a frickin urge. I loathe a bloomin urge. I know there are cigarettes upstairs in my sister's room and it's like they are screaming to me. "Come, come......" And I am screaming back:

xsmooth.jpg

I will not, will not, will not give in. Every time I move past an urge, I'm better armed for the next one. 

I also know that urges will never go away, but I really want them to just leave me alone, at least for the next few hours. I'm gonna go take a walk.

5 Replies

You're hanging in there. That's the important part. Write a thousand blogs if you need to. Whatever it takes to remain free is the most important goal for today. You know it will get better, just don't let the addiction's voice get to loud! 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

elvan

It WILL get easier...celebrate YOU!

DonnaMarie

I walked a mile and listened to my walking playlist. I sang aloud. I stomped on mole hills that I would find along the way. I was outside and did not smoke. I'm feeling pretty good about running my errands later. Tomorrow, as per a phone call I just received, I have to drive out of town to pick up a shoulder immobilizer for an upcoming surgery. It will be a test, but a test I have studied for an intend to pass with flying colors. 

Anyone else a car smoker? It was the one place I could be alone and not bother anyone else. I never smoked with the windows closed and even went so far as to buy and have installed rain guards so I wouldn't get wet when flicking ashing during a downpour. All that time and effort put into smoking. Now I will put it into not smoking. 

So that that, urges. You can go fly our urge kites for all I care. 

elvan

DonnaMarie‌ I was a car smoker too, as long as I was alone.  I found that when I started keeping a bottle of water next to me with a straw in it that I could distract myself.  I cranked the radio up and sang along and I said more than one prayer...The Serenity Prayer was a constant companion of mine in the car.  

You will heal MUCH faster after surgery as a nonsmoker...I have had two rotator cuff surgeries and I was supposed to get bilateral reverse shoulder replacements over two years ago...I elected to postpone that since I needed lung surgery and that really was and IS a priority...breathing.  

You are doing GREAT!

Ellen

indingrl

Yahoooo you go grl!!! Your ALIVE and living  today one breathe at a time and walking singing loving your NEW NICOTINE FREE lifestyle and DonnaMarie not just words but ACTION LIVING so cool!!! Good job keep on keeping on 

0 Kudos