cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Patches And Rashes?

I am alergic to spandex, latex, polyester.. Anything with elastic,  plastic, rubber material.    Cant wear band-aids for long period of time.

That being said, I usually have tried to quit cold turkey, the few times I have tried.

So 2 days ago put on a 7mg, not strong enough.  So yesterday tried a 14mg, different limb of course.  Took it off about 4 pm. 
Then last night, my ankles are red and itching, and driving me nuts.  I did NOT put the patch on my legs.  I'm thinking has to be a reaction from the patch? !  No sense in asking my Doc.  He will tell me what I just stated I cant seem to handle any kind of TEX.    Many new drugs have fillers, that cause reactions too, for me. 

Lord!

Smoking is not an option!

6 Replies
indingrl

Awe just sharing the love...oatmeal baths help with skin eruptions of any kind told to ME by friends who used oatmeal bath products and epson salt baths help with aches and lavender bath products stated on each product help with stress to calm and relax humans and CONGRATS you are doing great...please dont forget to visit Joel video at whyquit.com for info on the TWO WEEK ALL NICOTINE OUT videos for education about RECOVERY that was SUGGESTED TO ME in MY early recovery to educate MYSELF about MY DRUG OF CHOICE NICOTINE and to keep on keeping on....GOOD JOB MY BELOVED SISTER IN RECOVERY ONE BREATH AT A TIME in ONE DAY AT A TIME in Our Lord Jesus name amen 

elvan

I have heard of many people have skin rashes from the patches  but they are usually where the patches were placed.  A latex or adhesive allergy should not appear on a different part of the body from where the patch came in contact with the skin...at least I have never heard of that.  I, too, have reactions to bandaids and tapes of any kind, even cardiac leads...but they are ALWAYS where the contact occurred.  I am not sure about the reaction you are having since that is not where the contact was.  I know people who have had to move their patches because they were too sweaty in some areas, others complained of rashes but said that they got better with time and they were always where the patch had been.  I never used any NRT's but I have nothing against them, I just got too sick to use anything.  Breathing became my single focus.

I hope you can figure this out and I WOULD ask your doctor WHY your rashes were not where you came into contact with the adhesive.

Ellen

and roses and kittens

Oh my, that is miserable!! I have alot of skin issues,my whole life. The patch is only irritating where I place it. So move location everyday.Have you listened to any of those relaxation videos on You Tube??? If you can't do the patch,maybe that would help. Have you tried the gum or mini lozenges?????????

anaussiemom

Gum & lozenges no. You tube oh yes faithfully.  Thank you

PRAIRIEROSELADY

I’ve used gum and lozenges.   In fact if real bad due to stress they have me do a lozenge on top of patch instead of losing my quit.  Lozenges come in 2 and 4 mg.   Gum has made my throat sore before.  I do too a lot a regular, winter fresh seems to help me the most and a sugar-free and jolly Roger hard cinnamon candies the little bit of spice kills the craving. Just suggestions things that I’ve helped me in today was a terrible day. It was great that exercise class it was great sitting in the sun and enjoying the beautiful sunshine but it all went downhill when I got back to the park model with all the electronic business.    Keep me updated.  Going to be hard when just have phone.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Kudos