cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

If Only..

If only I diligently socked away the money I would have spent on cigarettes over the last 2 years, 4 months, and 16 days. At 869 days, $10.50 a pack, I would have saved $18,269!  I was planning out my savings goals and decided to check my app to see how much I saved by not smoking!  DOH! (smacking myself in the forehead).  I really wish I had saved that money.  That would have been a good chunk for a down payment on a house!  

All has not gone to waste though..... I am almost finished paying off my debt.  I'm giddy thinking about it!

~Kristen 869 DOF

5 Replies
anaussiemom

Amazing!  Congratulations on your quit. 

MarilynH

Congratulations on your debt being almost payed off and a super duper Congratulations on your splendiferous 2 glorious years and 4 precious months of Smokefree living Kristen, my husband and I never saved our unsmoked money either because it went on other things instead like bills and eating out occasionally but we're looking after ourselves by being Free big hug.

minihorses

You DID do something great with the money you didn't spend on smoking, you are becoming debt free and that will make a HUGE difference when buying a home.  Your credit score will go up quickly when you get out of debt.  Ours did when we finally became solvent and we pay off any credit cards used monthly now.  You'll be able to save even more once your debt free and don't have credit card payments to make!  Congrats on your freedom of almost 2 1/2 years.

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats.  It is still not too late to start.  Then we can go on that world cruise TOGETHER. lmho

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I agree - getting out of debt is a wonderful use of your money saved.  Good job on that as well as quitting.  Like Jackie said - not too late to join us on the cruise!  That would be another fun use for those funds!

0 Kudos