cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smokeless11

This is day 2 for me. How do i avoid buying a pack?

Jump to solution

This is day 2 for me and want advice on how to avoid a bodega in the city where I work the sells loose cind want advice on how to avoid a bodega in the city where I work the sells loose cigarettes.  I made a promise not to buy a pack. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barb102

I’m a newbie almost 2 days. I almost went to the store where I buy my cigs and lottery. I didn’t trust myself so I drove a little further to a 7 -11 I had never been to and bought my tix. I still saw the cigs but it wasn’t familiar to me and they didn’t know me. I hope this helps I’m trying to help others in the same place as me. But also talk to those who know so much more then we do. I’ll go through this with u if u want me to

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mon2

You can do this not problem.  

0 Kudos
Barb102

I’m a newbie almost 2 days. I almost went to the store where I buy my cigs and lottery. I didn’t trust myself so I drove a little further to a 7 -11 I had never been to and bought my tix. I still saw the cigs but it wasn’t familiar to me and they didn’t know me. I hope this helps I’m trying to help others in the same place as me. But also talk to those who know so much more then we do. I’ll go through this with u if u want me to

Barb

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to our community!

I wrote a blog a bit ago and asked for best advice from our members.  While some of it may not apply to you, it would be good if you could do the recommended reading:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/109313-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-t... 

As far as the bodega goes, I would change your walk/drive/heading to work route so that you don't go near the place in the early days of your quit.  An important part of our quit journey is learning to live life as an ex-smoker.  Changing up your routines and things/people/places which you associate with smoking is part of that.

Congratulations on your decision to quit and your first two days. 

You CAN do this; we can help.  Just ask!

Nancy

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Create another route that you do not have to pass the bodega until you are stronger. 

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Smokeless 11, trust the people on this site.  They are full of good suggestions and they are very encouraging.  If you want to do this than you can.  Another route may take you longer, but it could be interesting also.  I have been staying away from the places I use to buy cigarettes from.  I still have to pass them when driving, but I don't stop.  Keep coming back.

-Michelle

0 Kudos
smokeless11

Thank you guys for all your support /suggestions.  Please keep them coming.  I will implement them in my work driving routes.