MichelleDiane

Mornings

Discussion created by MichelleDiane on Jan 10, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 by elvan

I have, yet, discovered another thing about myself through this journey.  After reading my blogs I recognize that the mornings are when I have the most difficulty.  As I was doing my morning drive to drop my husband off (isn't it nice he has his own private driver) I dreaded the feeling I had.  I suppose the old me would choke the morning off by smoking. It did not make it a good morning, yet it was what I was accustomed to.  During the car ride I drank cold water, put a stick of gum in my mouth, and took some deep breaths.  After I dropped him off I did some self-talk and visualized (as I often do) what would happen if I smoked.  Again, I knew I would choke my brains out and be very disappointed in myself.  Bottom line is that I did not smoke.  Now I need to add something to my morning to get rid of those thoughts before I torture myself.  Perhaps I will start meditation to calm my mind.  I know that it works because I do it when there is too much going on in my life and I need to recenter.  It is time to take it out first thing in the morning and warm it up like I do with my car on cold days.  The feeling of smoking leaves me cold, so I will make myself warm by meditating.  Thanks for listening.

-Michelle

Outcomes