cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laa78

Quit date 1 Feb...

Hi. I have set my quit date and it all seems real now. I am really afraid of failing so working on the next 24 days of changing my habits, mindset and cutting down as I feel it will be less of a jump from 5 to 0 than from 25 to 0! 

Glad I found this group as I am going to need support to get through this.

It is the bad days I am worried about, will I jave enough willpower. What do you suggest to keep me going on those days. I was thinking of putting my reasons for quitting all around me as a reminder. What has everyone else found helpful? 

If anyone would like a quit buddy to hold eachother accountable I am more than happy to be one.

Lisa

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tabbiekat

Congrats on setting your quit date, read, read and please read. I started reading here a few weeks before my quit and am so glad I did. I actually quit earlier then anticipated, had a minor relapse a couple weeks in, but brushed myself off and reset my quit for the next day and have not had one puff since. Some of the elders will be posting helpful links, take your time and read through them, they will help you gather the tools to help you get through the bad days without smoking. Ask questions, you will get help/assistance/questions answered within minutes or hours, believe in yourself. I am so thankful for my quit.

Welcome

Tabbie 68 DOF (days of freedom)

maryfreecig

Prepare for those hard times by making a very long list of things you are willing to do or like to do instead of smoking. Take the list serioiusly, make it your own--your promise to you. 

And of course, Ex is here to help. Keep reading, blog as often as you wish to.

Yes you can, one day at a time.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Welcome to the site! I know you will find the support here very important as you prepare for your quit.....and as you continue on that journey. Nancy (YoungAtHeart) recently wrote a great blog about what you can do to prepare - For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too)  

I think you will find it very helpful!! Stay close! 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

We are all your quit buddies!  My early days were spent reading novels - I could read for hours without one thought of a cigarette.  Find something that you enjoy that is not a trigger.   Also the more you learn about this addiction, the less scary it is to overcome it.  Best wishes to you - stay close!

0 Kudos
MichelleDiane

Welcome Lisa.  As a newbie I can tell you that you will get the support you need here.  Everyone is eager and knowledgeable.  I have never had any issues finding someone who wants to help.  Keep writing, reading, and reading.  It is all a powerful tool to help you.  You can do this!

-Michelle

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Strudel - thanks for posting the link!  It IS a good idea to post your reasons for quitting on notes all around you!  You also might keep ideas for distractions on those, as well.

Please start the suggested reading, and let us know if you have any questions.

Nancy

0 Kudos