cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

3 Apples a Day

Who doesn't want and need that?

And it's so simple! Eat more than 2 tomatoes or more than 3 apples every day. The protective effect was only observed in fresh fruit and vegetables rather than dishes that contain these ingredients or processed foods. 

Diet rich in apples and tomatoes may help repair lungs of ex-smokers, study suggests | EurekAlert! S... 

While you're at it, leafy green veggies like spinach, lettuce, and kale prevent dementia!

Eat your vegetables: Nutrients in leafy greens may help prevent dementia - ABC News 

I'm headed to the grocery store right now!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
elvan

I am headed to the store myself...I need to restock some things.  My daughter arrives tomorrow and she will eat every piece of fruit and every leaf that is available and edible while she is here.  

Thanks for the links.

Ellen

MarilynH

Hubby was just home for lunch, we had streamed spinach, warmed up turnip, carrots and potatoes in the oven,roast beef and hot rolls just out of the oven, we don't eat like that every day but today was fairly healthy. 

elvan

MarilynH‌ Sure SOUNDS good...particularly those rolls which are probably not on the "healthy" list.

MarilynH

You're right about the rolls Ellen especially with lots of butter melting into the rolls but the rest of the meal was pretty healthy except for the sugar cookies that I made yesterday. oh well it's Christmas, I'll check out Thomas's links after the holidays. thanks elvan

Anya

Thanks for sharing this! Veggies and fruits help in a myriad of ways. More motivation to eat another serving!

anaussiemom

But!!! Does it help with us who have COPD already?  I read the article but, didnt see any findings???

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Apples absolutely help people who already have COPD.  The article is talking about rebuilding/repair.  Eat up : )

0 Kudos

anaussiemom

"Whether flash-frozen or fresh, fruits and vegetables are a must for a healthy diet for COPD. These high-fiber foods also provide you with essential nutrients, including vitamin A (which has been linked to improved COPD symptoms), minerals, and inflammation-fighting antioxidants. Even better, fruit rarely requires any exhausting prep work. If your energy is limited, buy vegetables that are precut and easy to steam, or vegetables that simply have to be defrosted and reheated."

10 Best Food Choices for COPD | Everyday Health 

I eat fresh berries and colored bell peppers every single day. I also drink smoothies with fruit and/or vegetables throughout the day. I'm not a fan myself but beets are very good for COPD. I'll stick to pure cherry juice. Stay away from the Ocean Spray kinds of juices full of processing and sugars. Always the rule of thumb is the less processed is Best!

anaussiemom

Thank you.  I understand that.  Was curious about the 3 apple study.  I thought perhaps I missed if it helps with healing for COPD. 

Thank you.

Kim

0 Kudos