cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Feedback Points?

I have experienced positive feedback a couple of different times where you go and see how many new points were added to your level, and it shows my +points next to someone else's name?  Anyone else have this happening?

Just wonder if I am actually getting the points as I like climbing the level ladder! 

Tags (1)
14 Replies

If I were you, I would ignore the points system.  I became un-enamored of it when it stopped working for a time, and people were awarding points, they were being subtracted, but the awardees didn't (and never did) get them.  It was treated as no big deal, so I decided at that point to make it that for me!

If you enjoy doing it - go for it - but be wary!

Nancy

I don't really understand the points system very well but do know that if you view your profile it shows the number of points that you have accumulated.  You could jot down that number each day and see if it gets larger - and that would indicate that you are receiving points.  

I am confused though how you would know that your points are by someone else's name.  How do you distinguish your points from someone else's points? 

0 Kudos

Whenever it said I had positive feedback, it showed +49 or +118 or whatever the number would be next to my points, but now they show up next to someone elses name when I go to check it out, and it happened again today,  and only one other time!  It's not a huge deal!  

0 Kudos

You should probably report this in "Community Help". Mark checks and answers questions posted there.  There is no guarantee that he will see this because he has stated that he does not read everything that is posted elsewhere.  

Oh and Nancy is correct -  I am not sure if the bug was ever fixed when someone gives you points.  There were issues with the recipient not receiving these points.  

The final answer was "no way to know who awarded what to who - so move on."  Not in those exact words - 🙂

Done!

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for mentioning me Jennifer-Quit‌.   Can you show a screenshot of what you're seeing Sandy-9-17-17‌?  I want to make sure I'm answering correctly. In general, Every day there is a daily gain on the leaderboard. It's counted twice a day and not in real-time so you should see points based on your activity and also when people acknowledge your contributions(mark posts helpful/correct or like them). On a rare occasion you may see your points red and in the negative. This  could be because someone has deleted their posts and the comments associated with their posts are removed too. Unfortunately this happens.  Hopefully in the future we'll be able to prevent them from deleting and thus deleting other's comments. When actions are undone that earn points the points  are removed.  

When you award points via a badge you should be receiving them properly now. For a period of time the weren't being awarded to all people properly. The ones that were awarded during that time weren't able to be retroactively added.  

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

But they WERE subtracted from the person awarding them!

Can you provide an example with screenshots? Points should only be subtracted when you give someone points with a badge or if an action that gets you points is reversed (someone unlikes something, unmarks helpful, unmarks as correct, posts/replies are deleted, etc). I can't investigate anything if I don't have an example to try document the specifics.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos