cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ampan75

self talking

self talking is important. saying I can, I can... I will I will....it's just moment away. I am in another moment... that's past... I am in present which has no duration to fight for... I am travelling away and away....

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Hopefully away and away from the bondage of nicotine addiction.  You do conquer this moment by moment in the early days.  Just keep adding up those moments and you can be successful!

Hang in there!

Nancy

A phrase many people use to retrain their thinking is "I don't do that anymore."

How long before you quit and how often per day would you try the self talk to get you started? In the mirror? I think this might be a first way to help me prepare. I’ve made a quit day of 1/218. 

0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know where you are in your planning, but if you want to decrease your smoking without even worrying about it, start saying, "I'm going to wait a little longer" every time you think of smoking. This will help you ease into quitting. You never deny yourself, you don't need to count. Pretty soon it's 3-4 hours between smokes and down to 25% of what you smoked when you started

ampan75

Billy, if you look too long you may become impatient do fight moment by moment. be where your body is. all time.

0 Kudos
ampan75

why that far quit date. 

0 Kudos
elvan

ampan75‌ and Mrsbillycollins‌ Quitting is a journey, it is not an event, it is one day, one experience at a time.  Saying "I don't do that any more" is very effective, my favorite mantra was NOPE, Not One Puff Ever.  I said it over and over again at the beginning.  No crave is going to kill you, no one can say that about cigarettes.  Just keep going forward, you CAN do this...look at all of the people here who ARE doing it.  Stay close to the site, identify your triggers and figure out what you will do instead of smoking...quitting is the best gift you can possibly give yourself!  No one can do it FOR you but we sure will support you along the way.

Welcome to EX.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Tammyzhere

There is a free pdf booklet by Allen Carr - The easy way to quit smoking.  You can smoke while you read it.  It's about 111 pages.  I found that very helpful when I was preparing to quit.  It pretty much covers every possible excuse to smoke.  It helps to retrain your brain into that of a non- smoker.   74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

indingrl

I hope you are now in the moment of this day and remain to blog any time you need to past the mind set of old and keep learning new thinking by reading the blogs they have on this site! Congrats great job blogging and staying quit together one day at a time!