cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rrrich7

Slipping and sliding

To start with, I went to a few bars yesterday.  NOT a good environment if you are trying to cut down, as I am, in preparation for a quit.  I did not drink very much, but handled my standing around alone by smoking cigarettes.  Hmm, I guess as long as I am trying to quit and during the period after I quit, I will need to avoid bars.  I have heard it said that alcohol relaxes your inhibitions, and leads you to smoke.

So now I've got to get back on the wagon of my only smoking a pack a day, previous to my quitting on December 1st.  I already know I will want to spend that day in bed mostly.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
maryfreecig

Keep learning about the addiction...here at Ex and wherever you find solid information. If you want to quit, there is a lot you can do to make it happen. Keep coming back, and yes you can quit and get over the dependency one day at a time.

0 Kudos

Yep.  Smoky bars are not good places for anybody trying to quit smoking.  I would recommend taking up an outdoor hobby.  Clean, fresh air.  Does a body good. 

elvan

Alcohol is not a good companion for a quit and neither are bars...seriously, learn as much as you can about this addiction and then commit to quitting.  You CAN do this, it is not easy but it is possible.  It is a one day at a time journey and sometimes it has to be one hour or one minute.  We are here and we all want to help you.  

Ellen

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

I quit drinking at the same time I quit smoking.  It was a huge trigger for me!  However, after I quit,  I never once missed drinking.  I believe cigarettes were my trigger for drinking (probably made them taste better ). 

P.S. I saved me an extra $100 a month or more!

Darren

0 Kudos

The biggest quit killer is people talking themselves into smoking. #2 is drinking too much. (With drinking it's easier to forget when you start talking yourself into smoking.)  🙂

0 Kudos