cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Elle047

*AnGeR* 😡

Anger. I have felt so angry the past 2 days. Super sarcastic really. I don’t feel like I’m walking around with crazy cravings or anything. I’m not even sure why if I feel angry. Just people around me are stupid and not smoking allows me to see it more accurately. OK, THAT WAS A JOKE! I realize everyone is not stupid. It’s me. But I’m so sick of feeling this way. It needs to go away or no one will enjoy being around me eventually. This will pass right??? I’m just so snappy. I want to punch myself in the face.

Day 5

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Elle047

I wish I could figure out how to delete this post. Part of it doesn’t even make any sense. It makes me angry reading it lol. I woke up this morning and I feel less angry and more the reality that I can actually

choose JOY versus anger. Today, I will choose to walk in joy. I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’m gratedul for you all.  

Day 6. 

Tabbiekat

On your post their should be a highlighted Actions link, click on that and you can delete if if you so choose or even set it so only you see it. In all honesty leave it though. You are venting and that is one reason I love this site. I am still early on my quit and it comes in waves, but getting better. The anger at everything is actually you seeing people without the nicotine impacting it. It does get better as you learn how to handle people without nicotine in your system. The anger is real. It should get better, but if not then you should seek medical advice (that was sarcastic, but true since anger is not something to take lightly and anger without cause can mean an underlying issue is not being addressed). Do a search for "anger" and you will find lots of blogs talking about it and the different techniques people have used to overcome. Keep aiming for a joyous day.

Tabbie

20 DOF

RE: "It does get better as you learn how to handle people without nicotine in your system."

How do people without nicotine get into your system?  How do any people get into your system for that matter?

Sorry.  Mr. smart-aleck here, (even though I had to look up how to spell it.)  Going to look for people with nicotine; going to eat them when I find them.

Elle047

Bahahaha      “Going to to look for people with nicotine; going to eat them when I find them.” That literally had me laughing out loud.    

JACKIE1-25-15

Many a truth are told in a joke.  Now that you are not smoking you will see the world a lot clearer.  Enjoy the view and laugh.  Life is wonderful smoke free. 

minihorses

Hi Elle047, 

Most people I know that quit go through that 'hissy fit' mode in the early days. IT'S O.K. TO FEEL THAT WAY!!! You've  just lost what you considered to be your best friend! I mostly cry instead but things still got under my skin. You did the right thing by coming here and letting your emotions go. If you hadn't you may have blown a gasket and/or gone for your old buddies, the leaf, paper, and fire.  Being a bit sarcastic is actually a good thing if it doesn't go too far.  Luckily for me my family is a bunch of smart-a###s so sarcasm is a second language for us   I'm not going to give you a whole bunch of advise because there is so much that the people here know and can give you resources to help.  Without these wonderful, caring people I would not have made it the 22 days I have been smoke-free. I went through absolute h*ll the first two weeks but I spent as much time as I could on this site and it helped me through. You will learn how to cope without the death sticks and start to relive your life eventually. I'm learning too. If you want to message me, feel free. When you don't feel like listening to other people but can't leave, sing a song in your head even if it's one you make up which is forte of mine coming from the above mentioned family.  Let it go and remember these 5 words of wisdom from our goofball family:

"I shall endeavor to persevere!"  

Julie - 22 DOF

elvan

Elle047  It DOES pass...if it didn't, none of us would still be married or have friends.  By the way...there are a LOT of stupid people out there, just sayin'.  I ALWAYS feel that way when I am getting sick, seriously, it's like I cannot understand WHY people who are not usually stupid are now saying and doing things that make it impossible for me to stand being around them.  Next day, without fail, I am sick, I think that's kind of what it is like when we are learning how to deal with things.  I started to write relearning and then realized that as long as we smoked...we never learned.  I had to learn that it was okay to get angry, that it was okay to feel sad...those were the feelings I worked so hard to cover by smoking.  No one's head is going to explode because we get angry, if ONLY we had that power, there might have been a couple of explosions in my local Walmart.  

Hang in there, it gets better and you are doing a STELLAR job!

Ellen

Giulia

Don't you dare delete this!  You'll want to revisit it in the future when you've got many, many months of smoke freedom under your belt and you want to look back and see how far you've come!  (Also, because the comments will help others on their journey!)  There is much humor in your anger.  Keep that.  It will serve you throughout the journey!

stupids.png